WHAT DO I HAVE, YEAR? AND WHAT DID IT COME OFF OF!

thumbnail_IMG_20181222_111130152 by David Shupe, on Flickr

45512448005_6ec63dbc47_z.jpg
[/url]thumbnail_IMG_20181222_111121168 by David Shupe, on Flickr8397@N06/]David Shupe[/url], on Flickr

thumbnail_IMG_20181222_102535391 by David Shupe, on Flickr
 
Will be complicated since those model numbers don't go with that engine. Somebody took a starter/blower housing off of a vertical engine and put it on the horizontal.
 
Looks to me like a 5 Hp ............... The air shroud is from a 1979 engine made in Dec.... It could be a 69 but I doubt it...... It's not a 89 for certain because those didn't have the kill tab on the head.....
 
Taking crank cover off now....what else can i look for to figure out year?

All you can do is go by pictures.... It looks like a 77 though... The Tecumseh dating system is not clear like the Briggs...

Sorry I made a mistake and typed a 9 instead of a 7..... Thar date code is 1977 or 1967 which I don't think it is a 67 and made in December.... Look at different IPL's and see if the oil filler and other things are a match......

You should have points in that one.....
 
Looks as though the carb is on a tilt... Didn't mini bikes use that set up..?

Looks Like the carb is loose......

The coil is under the flywheel so that would be a giveaway on it being a 60's or 70's It has points....

Now if someone can remember when they had one they will chime in.....
 
Back
Top