Westwood T1600 42 inch cutting deck replacement belt

Ron19

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Westwood T1600 42 inch cutting deck replacement belt
Hi
I have a very old Westwood 1600 with a 42 inch cutting deck and my cutting deck drive belt has broken. I need to purchase a replacement belt. The broken one measures about 67 inches in external diameter, please can anyone tell me what part I should be looking to order? It seems impossible to find this info on parts sites. Why on earth do these sites list the weight of the advertised items and not state their length?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
BEcause you are looking in the wrong place and the weight is needed for the postage costs .
You need to go to the aftermarket parts catalogues , Rotary, stens , Prime Line, Gates
They will list your belt by the OEM number, their number plus list the ( supposed ) belt dimensions
MY go to is always gates catalogue .
Click on the red "vehicle Parts Search" the type in the Westwood part number in the search box on the new window.
Then when it lists the Gates belt number, click on that to get the full specifications.
This of course assumes that as it is your mower and you have owned it for some time you recorded the number of all of the belts .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hi
I have a very old Westwood 1600 with a 42 inch cutting deck and my cutting deck drive belt has broken. I need to purchase a replacement belt. The broken one measures about 67 inches in external diameter, please can anyone tell me what part I should be looking to order? It seems impossible to find this info on parts sites. Why on earth do these sites list the weight of the advertised items and not state their length?
Because they don't want to know it so you order the belt from them.

Engine to Deck belt apparently.

43-4948 (B65) - 5672 so you looking for a 5/8 x 68" Kevlar belt.

Ron19

Forum Newbie
Threads
BEcause you are looking in the wrong place and the weight is needed for the postage costs .
You need to go to the aftermarket parts catalogues , Rotary, stens , Prime Line, Gates
They will list your belt by the OEM number, their number plus list the ( supposed ) belt dimensions
MY go to is always gates catalogue .
Click on the red "vehicle Parts Search" the type in the Westwood part number in the search box on the new window.
Then when it lists the Gates belt number, click on that to get the full specifications.
This of course assumes that as it is your mower and you have owned it for some time you recorded the number of all of the belts .
I wish! Not new to me and not I suspect even to the previous owner. The numbers on the belt itself are completely illegible. I got to the gates catalaogue - thanks - but they don't seem to have a belt of this size, it is dfinitely .5 inch width at top and although broken makes length harder to measure accurately I am confident it is closer to 67 inch than to next size longer or shorter

Ron19

Forum Newbie
Threads
Because they don't want to know it so you order the belt from them.

Engine to Deck belt apparently.

43-4948 (B65) - 5672 so you looking for a 5/8 x 68" Kevlar belt.
Thanks for your help, between your advice and that of the other replyer I have now got my belt ordered. Big relief, grateful for your assistance

Ron19

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wish! Not new to me and not I suspect even to the previous owner. The numbers on the belt itself are completely illegible. I got to the gates catalaogue - thanks - but they don't seem to have a belt of this size, it is dfinitely .5 inch width at top and although broken makes length harder to measure accurately I am confident it is closer to 67 inch than to next size longer or shorter
Update. Thanks for your help, between your advice and that of the other replyer I have now got my belt ordered. Big relief, grateful for your assistance