well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
I guess #### happens. I try my best to practice safety in my two shops wood and mechanical. It just seems I will still cut myself or lose some skin when I lease expect it. I have been to the ER to be stitched up a few times. I still have all my fingers and limbs so thinking about safety must pay off.

Never self stitch? I have twice which is why I keep a properly stocked first aid kit with a few stitch kits :) amazing how a 10 dollar kit costs 200 dollars at the ER

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / well someone just did it again why do people stick there hand in the dam shoot
Never self stitch? I have twice which is why I keep a properly stocked first aid kit with a few stitch kits :) amazing how a 10 dollar kit costs 200 dollars at the ER

No thank you. I will save that job for the doctor or my grand daughter in law. Now that is a skill I really don't want to learn.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Liquid Band-Aid is a must in the tool box

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Liquid Band-Aid is a must in the tool box

My first aid box has 3 stitch kits hydrogen peroxide gauze about 200 different bandaids 4 ace bandages a sling bee sting relief a&d ointment neosporin rubbing alcahol superglue aspirin ibprofin tylenol hydro and 2 epi pens

I didn't take all my training for nothing lol

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
I learned how to do stitches from watching "Night of the Scarecrow". The scarecrow taught me how to do it with hay/straw on someones lips. LOL!

briggs

Threads
i do agree with the $5 stick .....his brake on the auger was worn and would not stop it from turning so his son said ..Its to bad ..But u always have to think safety..My students that work for me at the shop get a demo on that at the shop i take some frozen hamburger and throw it in there and i tell them see what it did to that imagine what it will do to you if you stick your hands in there .....

DaveTN

Threads
Folks...don't put your hand into ANY MOVING MACHINERY period! I grew up on a farm and was taught not to take chances with mowing machines, bailers, rotary mowers or anything else including small engines. Think of a moving machine the same way you would a giant sawmill blade whirring and spinning. It's just not worth the small savings in time to risk life and limb. The sad part guys, is that another dummy will come along and do the same thing! At first I thought you guys were talking about a brush chipper. :confused2:

Threads
Yep, and the bad part is now we will have to put up with them adding more safety crap on the machines that will make them cost more. I think half the time they are not stupid they are just impatient, and cant take that extra few minutes to turn the machine off to clear it. I bet it will hard to run one with one hand though.

davbell22602

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, and the bad part is now we will have to put up with them adding more safety crap on the machines that will make them cost more. I think half the time they are not stupid they are just impatient, and cant take that extra few minutes to turn the machine off to clear it. I bet it will hard to run one with one hand though.

I can actually see them putting sensors on inside of frame on a snowblower where auger is. The sensors would automatically kill the engine if the sensor line was to become blocked in anyway. Kinda like the sensors on garage door opener.