Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!

robinb66

Threads
HI my name is Robin Barnard, I have been working on mowers since I was 13 i am 47 now graduated in 1984 from monett voc tech small engines class with a directors honor roll in small engine repair, have worked on mowers and trimmers for a while, I own 2 lawnboys, a bolens bl 100 trimmer, and a sthil fs81 trimmer.

Andy W

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Stihl Forum -- Check in Here First!
Hello all,
My handle on this forum is Andy W I Am the chairman of building and grounds for the Smithtown NY. Historical Society. We have twenty two acres to maintain having one Toro commercial mower, three craftsman riders and one Kubota HST L2500 with a brush hog a Stihl BR600 blower and various other weed wackers and hedge trimmers and so on.

the main reason I joined this forum was because while servicing the Stihl BR 600 I pulled the spark plug wired out of the end that attaches to the spark plug and there don't seem to be any easy way to repair it with out replacing the ignition coil. So I ordered the parts and would like to know if anyone has done this repair before and any advice they could give me. from start to finish.

I would appreciate any help you provide.

Andy W

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You just need to put it back together, it sounds like. If the metal spring is distorted too much, that is a cheap part, the hard part is getting that back up into that boot, it is like trying to un-birth a baby, so you will need some lube and needle nose pliers.
The 90 degree bend in the wire pierces the side of the wire in to the copper center, and shoved up into the boot keeps it all
tightly in place.

Attachments

• DSCN6179.jpg
    DSCN6179.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 2

Andy W

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tried that did'nt work out to good so I ordered a new coil. Anyone install a new coil?

Andy W

dwcphoto

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Folks
I found this site looking for an issue answer for my FS80 trimmer. Thanks! dwc

kitgage

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, new member here looking for info on an FS80 trimmer. I have several chainsaws - 200t, 038, 066, 075, 088 but the FS80 has issues and I need help.
Hopefully, someone here can help out. Looking forward to reading many forum messages!

dwcphoto

Forum Newbie
Threads
FS80 Stihl Trimmer

Hi,
What's the issue? I have one of these, but I'm just learning. I won't be much help, but if you can be more specific maybe someone will chime in. dwc

danbobberino

Forum Newbie
Threads
The name is Danny. I live in Canada and just bought an FS 56 trimmer.

Chainsaw Charlie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello everyone. If it saws, splits, chips, grinds, digs, lifts or hauls I've run it or am willing to give it a go. I'm here because I decided to buy one of STHIL's chainsaws. I got myself a 261 on Wednesday.

Clydesdaddie

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello I Will be on here quite a bit. I have two ms290 chainsaws a weedeater and now a hs45 hedge trimmer