Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!

Bammer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, just got a Yard King 18/46 or is it 46/18?:ROFLMAO: I'm going to need help . :)

Model 46370X5C

Mfg date - Serial 95095 - 064953

What can you tell me?

troy-built

Threads
Hi, Thanks for having me. I'm sure I can learn a lot on here.

LyndseyH

Forum Newbie
Threads
GREETINGS to all Murray equipment owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

Um hi! My lawnmower doesn't have a name lol unless you wanna call him murray. Anyways my husband got it for Father's Day 2yrs ago. Let someone borrow it and came back without the flap. Now I really can't afford a new flap atm. Can it run without it and how do we do that? It's the 500E series serial # 18-0328-61-99692. Any advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated. My yards becoming a jungle.

troy-built

Threads
Um hi! My lawnmower doesn't have a name lol unless you wanna call him murray. Anyways my husband got it for Father's Day 2yrs ago. Let someone borrow it and came back without the flap. Now I really can't afford a new flap atm. Can it run without it and how do we do that? It's the 500E series serial # 18-0328-61-99692. Any advice or expertise would be greatly appreciated. My yards becoming a jungle.
What kind of flap? I'd start a new thread if I were you....

SoDakScott

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi, I'm new to the forum. This is a picture of the Murray that I have. The Model tag is all worn off so I'm having a tough time finding parts. Can anyone tell me what the Model and Year of this mower would be? Thanks in advance Scott

Attachments

• 38 Murray 2.jpg
    38 Murray 2.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 2

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you post the engine make and full serial number that will help to narrow down things.
If the tag is still there but faded to the point you can not read it. take several photos of the tag at different angles
Then drop the images into a photo editing app and play with the contrast
A digital camera sees stuff like sort of shinny white on not so shinny white that our eyes can not see.
Another trick is to invert the colours ( make negative in some apps )

Jaymo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Murray Forum -- Check in Here First!
Been a member here since 2012. Haven't been around for a good long time.
Fast forward to last Wednesday. I was working on a forklift at a customer who was downsizing.
They were selling their second warehouse to someone, because they don't need it anymore.
As a result, they don't need a lawn mower anymore.
The owner had a 1997 (according to the date code on the B&S 12HP flathead) Murray 12hp 30" RER.
Bagging attachment is long gone. Water ballast tank is gone (hangers for it are still there).
Drive belt is cracked and broken. Deck belt is probably cracked. Battery is missing.
Gas tank is dry as a bone and no varnish is visible. What vapors are still present in the tank smell like good gas.
They were going to put it in the scrap metal dumpster, along with a bunch of other stuff.
Honestly, I can't believe it fit in the back of my short wheelbase service van (Nissan NV).

I haven't found a model number on the seat or back of the mower yet. Looks like a data tag was once on the back of the mower, but has been obliterated.
The mower was always stored indoors, hence, I thought it was a lot newer than it was when I first saw it.
I've named it Mike Wazowski, since it's green and has a cyclops headlight.

I don't know what all the mower needs. I don't know if it was well cared for by whoever operated it.
I don't know if they thought they were Evel Knievel. Right rear tire won't hold air and looks to have a long cut or crack in the sidewall.
Other three tires hold air just fine.
The foam air pre-filter is clogged with GA red clay. I know it needs filter and pre-filter, and battery replaced before trying to start it.
The oil level is halfway between full and low, and does NOT smell like gasoline.
Perhaps it was well cared for? Guess we'll find out.
No pics yet. Will try to get some.
Before I start putting a bunch of money into it, I have to find out:1) Does it run? 2)Does it run well?
3) Does the transaxle work correctly? 4) Does the deck work correctly?
I'll clean the prefilter, hook up a battery of some sort, give it a little fuel, and see if it's a runner before anything else.

Once I learn more, I'll check other items and spend money and time on it as needed.
Yay. Another project.

Jaymo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mike Wazowski is a runner. Put a new battery in it today. Removed the dirty air filter.
Put some gas in the tank. It fired right up. It is running lean. Dies at idle. Pops throughout the RPM range. If I choke it just a little, it smooths out.
Smoked just a little on start up. Not smoking alter warm up.
Deck engages and blade spins. Deck belt is worn and cracked, but at least the deck works.
Next step is to replace the fuel and air filters. Replace the spark plug and drive belt.
Clean and rebuild the carburetor. Or, replace it if its more economical.
Replace the deck belt. Thinking about replacing the headlight with a 35 wat halogen or an LED.
If I only get one headlight, I want it to be bright.

cearls87

Forum Newbie
Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your Murray power tools (that is, if your mower has a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your equipment.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Murray owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Murray owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Murray stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hi everyone.

I just purchased my first Murray last night and am very excited to work on it and get it back into mowing condition. It is a 1988 model 8-36566. It did not come with a mowing deck, just the tractor. I am looking for information on what I could/should purchase for a deck for it. It does say on the side of it that it was a 36" deck. I also need a new drive belt for the tractor itself.

After this summer of getting used to it, I plan on stripping it down and restoring it over the winter.

thanks

Chris

Threads

Probably like many others, a problem and then a search lands you here. I have a Murray MER circa 2003 model # 309029x92B inherited from my Dad. I'm not a big yard guy but the lawn must be mowed right?Murray Mower-Reduced.jpg

Last edited: