Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!

lreops

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings to all. New to the Hustler zero turn world and coming from a Toro zero turn world. Hoping to add and receive advice when and where needed. Moved from a Toro Z-Master to a Hustler X-One

Ron

breagler

Threads
Greetings to all. New to the Hustler zero turn world and coming from a Toro zero turn world. Hoping to add and receive advice when and where needed. Moved from a Toro Z-Master to a Hustler X-One

Ron
Hello Ron, the X-one is a very good machine from what I have heard. I have a 2020 Fastrak SDX 60 inch now for 1 month and so far this is a very good zero turn mower.

Bamm

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Welcome to the Hustler Forum -- Check in Here First!
GREETINGS to all Hustler mower owners!

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.
Hello All,
I have a Raptor 42" purchased in 2016. Has been fine except the paint is peeling off the deck in large pieces. I've checked online & see I'm not alone with this issue. Has anyone else had any luck getting this problem fixed by dealer / Hustler?

Last edited:

breagler

Threads
Here is a modification that will help your belts last a lot longer and perhaps keep them from derailing the pulleys due to grass build up inside the belt (pulley) guards. If you remove your guards, you'll be surprised at how much build up there is although you're blowing them out after each mowing.

Mine was lodged in and the mower is kept immaculate.

View attachment 31736View attachment 31737
Here is another version of this idea patterned after some of Hustler's 2021 models. The factory model is below.

1605543747194.png

Here is my version with a bit more area cut out on the discharge side.
1605543772169.jpeg

Here is the left side of the deck.
1605543839035.jpeg
These still provide enough support that you can step on the covers without any flexing.
Stay safe out there!!
GB

Mr. Mower

Threads
EXCELLENT!!!!!! (y)

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Here is another version of this idea patterned after some of Hustler's 2021 models. The factory model is below.

View attachment 54853

Here is my version with a bit more area cut out on the discharge side.
View attachment 54854

Here is the left side of the deck.
View attachment 54855
These still provide enough support that you can step on the covers without any flexing.
Stay safe out there!!
GB

viderefarm

Forum Newbie
Threads

If you're new to the forum, please reply to this thread and introduce yourself and your mower (that is, if your mower have a name). Maybe attach a photo or two of your mower and show off your pride and joy.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can upload a user avatar (picture under your user name). You can do so by clicking on settings and "edit avatar" or just click here.

Please be helpful and friendly to all other Hustler owners (how could you not, right?) and if you like this forum, tell your friends about it.

We want to make this the best resource for Hustler mower owners, and to do that we need your help! Questions? Experiences? Stories? Data? Photos? Articles? Links? Cool Hustler stuff? Post it here!

Last but not least, please let me know if you have any suggestions for the site. We'd love to hear them.

viderefarm

Veccster

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,
Just upgraded from a Husq 24v48 to a Raptor XD 42". I'm new to the Zero Turn world having never driven one in my life. I'm sure I'll figure it out quickly.
Anything I should know about this model? It's a new redesign for 2021 so maybe not enough out there yet.

Born2Mow

Threads
Anything I should know about this model?
Welcome. Unlike garden tractors, all ZTMs will more easily slide when traversing a hill. Be VERY careful on wet grass, or near features like lakes. Lots of safety videos on YouTube you can/should watch.

Robzilla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
I have a hustler raptor as 54 with Kohler engine.

mofares

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am a proud owner of a Hustler Sport since 2008 and the machine has performed flawlessly since new with a re-powered B&S 21hp Intek engine installed professionally. I've religiously changed the oil/filter (annually), valve cover gasket, newer head gasket, one rear tire, two spindles and always lubed and sharpened the blades. The mower is used on my small yard and has been always covered and still looks new and performs amazingly

Few days ago, I encountered a bizarre problem. I cut the grass last week and stored it like I usually do. This mower fires up every time on choke...This week when I tried to start it, the mower was completely dead. I took out my battery charger and multimeter and it read 12.7 volts and did a five minute trickle charge until it read full. I also took the battery to my local Autozone to have it tested it had sufficient volts (12.84) and 290 CCA. I read many FAQ's, forum posts, YouTube videos and decided to change the starter switch, both relays, starter solenoid since they were cheap and tested the three safety switches for continuity plus jumped them with jumper wire and still noting. I also tested the PTO switch with multimeter and switch is fine. I looked at coil which looked fine, wire brushed off the small rust on flywheel and still nothing. I also disconnected the black wire to coil to see if it would run when I used the remote starter to jump the starter solenoid and it just cranks and will not fire up (prpbably due to switched carb solenoid not coming on from relay) so the starter is fine. Same happens when I reconnect the black wire.

The wire harness looks perfect, no tears and all of the wire ties are in place. I tested the voltage at the ignition switch today and it read .84 volts. All of the grounds are clean and in place. Also the mower has had OEM Hustler halogen head lights and I recall them coming on when ignition is on switched position and the switch is turned to on but I do not have any lights when it's switched on. I am totally dumbfounded as nothing happened to the mower between my last cut and this week. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8119.jpg
    IMG_8119.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_8120.jpg
    IMG_8120.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited: