Weird Payments

mudcat

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently tilled up a small garden plot around 6 ft wide and 25ft long for an elderly lady. She asked me if $10 was enough and I kinda felt sorry for her and said..well..uh..I guess it be ok. When I was going home she gave me a pint jar of her sauerkraut she made from cabbages out of her garden and 5 cinnamon rolls she just baked. Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

BHLC

Threads
Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

I get $75 an hour min. hour, but I'm also using a 34hp Kabota with a 5' tiller.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mudcat, if you drove off with a good feeling in your gut, what you charged was exactly right. Sometimes charging less gets you more than money in your pocket. My rate used to be $60/ hr, but since most of my jobs are repeat and for people over 65, most today are bartered plus parts.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I recently tilled up a small garden plot around 6 ft wide and 25ft long for an elderly lady. She asked me if $10 was enough and I kinda felt sorry for her and said..well..uh..I guess it be ok. When I was going home she gave me a pint jar of her sauerkraut she made from cabbages out of her garden and 5 cinnamon rolls she just baked. Just curious..what is a tilling job like this really worth. Had to load up a Troy Bilt tiller and drive to her house which is about a mile.

I think you got good pay for the job. You made a old lady smile and felt good about your self.
Now you can not make a living like this but it's a nice thing to do once and a while.

For a area that small I would charge $50 or some home made cinnamon rolls.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Anyone get offered sex yet? I did once she was cute to but I stayed loyal to my wife :)

The day that happens to me, I will really wonder in what world we live in!

I did some weeding, charged 50$ and they gave me an old Lawn-Boy and a 15$ check! The mower runs pretty good!

I also am allowed to eat as much raspberries as I want at one of my client's house. Appart from that, it is always checks and cash. No sex yet.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think you got good pay for the job. You made a old lady smile and felt good about your self.
Now you can not make a living like this but it's a nice thing to do once and a while.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

No!! Not her address!!!!!