WEEDEATER JUST-FOR-FUN

Elias40

Threads
Years ago @ 1991, had a brother give my dad a gas powered WeedEater brand line trimmer. Dad took the thing and was playing with it around the outside perimeter of the house; It ran for a few minutes before bogging down and quitting. Thinking it had ran out of gas, I went over and put more gas in for him. Went to pull the starter, and a heavy drag was felt pulling on the rope. Come to find out that he didn't know about mixing oil with the gas, which of course, burnt up engine. All right, I said. We got in the truck and took him over and bought an electric model, as we already had 100' cord. He was happy, and we thought the problem solved, until a couple of weeks later, Dad called up and said he had a problem with this one. So, came to his house, looked at the trimmer, and--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- the suspense is killing you, isn't it?

The string came around and cut the string cutter off. Amazing, huh? So, after that he used plain old scissors.

Threads
Some people just don't have good luck with things like that! Does he still use scissors? :cool:

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
Tne way it used to be done before string trimmers. Teedious. :biggrin:

Attachments

• MH9001754591.jpg
    MH9001754591.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 7
  • garden-shears1.jpg
    garden-shears1.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 6

Elias40

Threads
Some people just don't have good luck with things like that! Does he still use scissors? :cool:
No. His body gave up the ghost in the year 2006, between the ages of 82 to 84. his life was secret, so nobody really knew hold he was. Although he treated me like dirt (He was lifer in the military) through most of my childhood, He was my best and ONLY friend here on Earth, at the time of his separation from this life. He was in very bad shape from eating too much ice cream (half gallon of Neapolitan per day, or more, if there were two in the freezer), so rigor-mortise set in about a year before his body succumbed. Really. It was so funny.

Elias40

Threads
Tne way it used to be done before string trimmers. Teedious. :biggrin:

Tedious? Why? Nothing to start, no gas, electric, batteries, or oil with the frustration to worry about. Just squeeze the handles, and viola, your on your way, that is, of course, until your wrist/arm runs out of zap. Electric scissors was the next best thing, but now we are going back into the frustration of the batteries.

Threads
Tedious? Why? Nothing to start, no gas, electric, batteries, or oil with the frustration to worry about. Just squeeze the handles, and viola, your on your way, that is, of course, until your wrist/arm runs out of zap. Electric scissors was the next best thing, but now we are going back into the frustration of the batteries.

When you say electric scissors, do you mean something like this?
822465004597xl.jpg

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads

Tedious meaning tiresome having to bend over and task taking 10 times longer otherwise we would still be using them instead of the string trimmer. It doesnt take long at all to add gas and oil and yank a cord compared to the time saved doing a 100' curb. As a backup they are ok or for a small area. :biggrin:

Threads
Tedious meaning tiresome having to bend over and task taking 10 times longer otherwise we would still be using them instead of the string trimmer. It doesnt take long at all to add gas and oil and yank a cord compared to the time saved doing a 100' curb. As a backup they are ok or for a small area. :biggrin:

Yeah I agree. I have never had any problems with my Echo SRM-225 trimmer and it is a lot quicker than electric scissors! :wink: