weedeater featherlite xl200 wont start

brent1050

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello guys,
This is my first post.I've got this weedeater that won't run,so far I put new fuel lines in,new fuel filter,rebuilt Carb which is a zama c1u I believe.Also has new plug,has plenty of spark,has about 115 lbs of compression,air filter is good.Even checked flywheel key and its also fine.If I put fuel directly in cylinder it still won't start.By the way I did check flywheel gap to module and it is good as well.Even double checked Carb gaskets and diaphrams everything is correct,fresh gas as well.I feel like I have done all the obvious but this little beast won't run.
What am I missing? I've worked on tons of weedeaters,blowers,mowers ect. But can't get this one to run!
Thanks in advance for any help.I know this is a cheap model but would still like to get it going.
Brent

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
you said that you have 115 compression but what does the cylinder walls look like. I have had trimmers with very good compression and have a nice gall mark down the exhaust port.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Drain the tank, pump the primer to dump all of the excess fuel in the carb as well. Remove the plug, and pull the rope with the throttle held wide open 20-30 times, dry it out totally. Then install brand new spark plug, pull rope another 10 times holding the throttle wide open, if nothing yet,
put a tiny dribble of fresh fuel down the throat of the carb and pull another 10-20 times with the throttle held open and see what it does.

possum

Threads
Check to see if the bolts that hold the engine together are tight and the gaskets look good yet Check to see if the muffler is clogged up as well.