Weedeater 85T will not start

RDG9376

Threads
Hey guys! I have a weedeater 85T line trimmer that I cannot get to start. I thought I have tried everything. I changed the piston and ring. I cleaned disassembled and blew air through the carb. I adjusted carb. I checked for spark. I assume since I had spark that the kill switch works. I sprayed starter fluid in carb. I took carb off and sprayed gas and fluid (at different times!) directly into cylinder. Nothing! There is a gasket that goes between plastic housing and cylinder that I mistakenly left off but shouldn't it at least fire? Any suggestions? It was not working before I took it apart but it worked at the beginning of last spring just bogged down a bit. Thanks!

Sp1nn3rman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys! I have a weedeater 85T line trimmer that I cannot get to start. I thought I have tried everything. I changed the piston and ring. I cleaned disassembled and blew air through the carb. I adjusted carb. I checked for spark. I assume since I had spark that the kill switch works. I sprayed starter fluid in carb. I took carb off and sprayed gas and fluid (at different times!) directly into cylinder. Nothing! There is a gasket that goes between plastic housing and cylinder that I mistakenly left off but shouldn't it at least fire? Any suggestions? It was not working before I took it apart but it worked at the beginning of last spring just bogged down a bit. Thanks!

When I had similar problem with my Husqvarna 225L, removed gas line and spark plug, squirted gas treatment into gas line and into cylinder. After a few pulls it cranked and kept running. Think gas treatment cleared some varnish that was causing a blockage.

RDG9376

Threads
When I had similar problem with my Husqvarna 225L, removed gas line and spark plug, squirted gas treatment into gas line and into cylinder. After a few pulls it cranked and kept running. Think gas treatment cleared some varnish that was causing a blockage.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot. Very frustrating! I'll keep you posted.