Tall grass Weed Wackers??

I haven't kept up with weed eaters but I've been using a Shindiawa (I have no idea if that's spelled right) for 8 years and that is after it was removed from commercial service where it was for 6 years. I haven't even replaced the spark plug.
 
Take a look at Echo, just bought a new one last year and if I try to use at full throttle I rip up everything. Depending on model, you can even attach a brush saw for the really big weeds.

I agree. Bought an Echo SRM2110 many years ago, still going strong.:thumbsup:
 
Is weed wackers OK to talk about here? I have a old one needs replaced. 31cc engine. Can't seem to find one bigger than 28-29cc. How much power am I losing? Tried a Weed Eater brand before, 25cc and wasn't happy at all. Live in country and get some tall stuff. Any advice? Thanks!!!

Maybe with your 25cc with the right kind of blade you could get away can do all the work you need without buying a new machine as Ken Morrison reviewed here:Ken Morrison's Power View Article on how the Airecut doesn't need so much power for weed whacking.
 
I only have experience with one, but what a great tool, I bought Ryobi 729 iin 2000 . Bump head uses .090" string. This tool is one of the best all time tools I have had. It has cut acres of tall wet grass and ploughed tons of earth while edging/ weeding-yes abused to weed down to roots of unwanted plants. The two bumpheads I use are so worn you can hardly read the instructions on the plastic.

I took it apart 2 years ago and lubed the pinion gear. It has never failed to start. Use Poulan two stroke synthetic oil. Keep the little plastic foam air cleaner washed and oiled. Use a platinum plug.

Over the years I have read a lot of negatives about the Ryobis. Don't know if I got a ringer or not, but if it failed tomorrow I would keep on praising it. I do not give out accolades as a rule.
 
I only have experience with one, but what a great tool, I bought Ryobi 729 iin 2000 . Bump head uses .090" string. This tool is one of the best all time tools I have had. It has cut acres of tall wet grass and ploughed tons of earth while edging/ weeding-yes abused to weed down to roots of unwanted plants. The two bumpheads I use are so worn you can hardly read the instructions on the plastic.

I took it apart 2 years ago and lubed the pinion gear. It has never failed to start. Use Poulan two stroke synthetic oil. Keep the little plastic foam air cleaner washed and oiled. Use a platinum plug.

Over the years I have read a lot of negatives about the Ryobis. Don't know if I got a ringer or not, but if it failed tomorrow I would keep on praising it. I do not give out accolades as a rule.

CORRECTION: Ryobi model is 790R 31 cc with optional blade attachment. Sorry .
 
Back
Top