Weed trimmer racks

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah my back hurts when I use my regular trimmer especially after more than 45 mins of use. Any videos I've looked at online of the handlebar trimmers make it look easier to stand up straight. The only thing that would concern me is getting it under trees etc. the regular trimmer is more maneuverable I would think. Also, trimmers are heavy!! Any light trimmer I've used has lacked power.

The bike-handle trimmer is used or supposed to be used for cutting on inclines or when things get dense and standard trimming line doesn't do the job. It should be used with steel grass, brush and saw blade attachments. If your back hurts when using a trimmer there are a number of different strap designs available that will hook to the trimmer just in front of the throttle and go over the shoulder to relieve the pressure on the back. I'm afraid handlebars for regular trimming would be worse to use than just the trimmer itself on the back. Thing is if you use the handlebar you still have too use the strap, it's just double trouble.

Bomba

Threads
The bike-handle trimmer is used or supposed to be used for cutting on inclines or when things get dense and standard trimming line doesn't do the job. It should be used with steel grass, brush and saw blade attachments. If your back hurts when using a trimmer there are a number of different strap designs available that will hook to the trimmer just in front of the throttle and go over the shoulder to relieve the pressure on the back. I'm afraid handlebars for regular trimming would be worse to use than just the trimmer itself on the back. Thing is if you use the handlebar you still have too use the strap, it's just double trouble.

Thanks RIC. I think you've just made up my mind... I'll forget the bike handles.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was looking for a trimmer rack recently as well. I looked at the one at TSC and several others.

I talked to some local people that had racks and they told me that those kind would damage the handles on trimmers from bouncing and rolling. I instead bought the Xtreme one.

TrailerRacks.com your home for all of your Trailer Rack needs

It actually has two aluminum hooks that bolt to your trimmer and it does not bounce or roll in the racks. I have not had mine but a month or so but I have talked to a guy that had one for a good while and he said it was the only way to go. It locks with one lock and does a great job so far.

You May want to read this off the lawnsite forum (Extreme Trimmer Rack Nightmare) just to be on the safe side http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=368276

CauZey

Threads
I think ill put some caulking on the part of the rack where the trimmer head sits to try and keep it in place ..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You May want to read this off the lawnsite forum (Extreme Trimmer Rack Nightmare) just to be on the safe side http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=368276

I will definitely try to keep watch on me and also will look at e mounting on them. Like some of the guys said on that forum, they had been running them for years with no problem. Personally I wonder if there was not something else that possibly happened to that me that was broken.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

Using the trimmers without handles bars causes me to have to bend over. At is why my Back hurts. Even with a shoulder strap I still have to. I do have a cheap trimmer. "Cub Cadet" it is a 27 cc and has done a good job. I am going to buy a Dolmar with the handlebars on it soon and If it works out like it appears it will I might buy a smaller one of the other type to see how it works out.

Bomba

Threads
Using the trimmers without handles bars causes me to have to bend over. At is why my Back hurts. Even with a shoulder strap I still have to. I do have a cheap trimmer. "Cub Cadet" it is a 27 cc and has done a good job. I am going to buy a Dolmar with the handlebars on it soon and If it works out like it appears it will I might buy a smaller one of the other type to see how it works out.

I wonder if my Stihl dealer has a bike handlebar demo model that he will let me try out. I'd like to try it at home before I buy, make sure I'm getting the right trimmer.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wonder if my Stihl dealer has a bike handlebar demo model that he will let me try out. I'd like to try it at home before I buy, make sure I'm getting the right trimmer.

If they don't you might can go to a rental place and rent one just to be sure. I have a cousin that has one if the biggest ones Stihl has and he dropped it off here at the house a couple of weeks ago and I ran it for a few minutes and it was very comfortable to operate.

Bomba

Threads
If they don't you might can go to a rental place and rent one just to be sure. I have a cousin that has one if the biggest ones Stihl has and he dropped it off here at the house a couple of weeks ago and I ran it for a few minutes and it was very comfortable to operate.

Thanks that info helps. Did you use a harness with that one? I guess I'll at least have to try one on with the strap at the store.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks that info helps. Did you use a harness with that one? I guess I'll at least have to try one on with the strap at the store.

The big Stihl one had handlebars and yes it had a very good strap.