Weed Eating Secrets Please.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now that looks helpful for my 81 yr old body! [My mind is still 16.] Thank you! I have one on order.
OK that makes a difference.
get a full body harness , not just the shoulder strap they usually supply
When you mount your trimmer to it loosen the mount on the trimmer and move it to a position that when you are standing strait up, not hunched over the trimmer head is about 2" off the ground without you touching it then tighten the mount
This way all your arms are doing is positioning the trimmer head left right.
The better ones will have a mounting clap that allows you to rotate the machine side ways for edge triming
The cheaper one just have a hook

tgzzzz

Threads
OK that makes a difference.
get a full body harness , not just the shoulder strap they usually supply
When you mount your trimmer to it loosen the mount on the trimmer and move it to a position that when you are standing strait up, not hunched over the trimmer head is about 2" off the ground without you touching it then tighten the mount
This way all your arms are doing is positioning the trimmer head left right.
The better ones will have a mounting clap that allows you to rotate the machine side ways for edge triming
The cheaper one just have a hook
I have the Stihl double harness. Has the hook but it's worked well for me. Thanks.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I have the Stihl double harness. Has the hook but it's worked well for me. Thanks.
Use a 36” mower if backyard has a small gate with fence. If you don’t have a 36” mower use a 21” self-propelled mower, or drop customer if you don’t want to haul an extra mower around for one customer. Or, use muscle control, consistent throttle on trimmer, and even pattern and practice on getting grass level. No need for bicycle style handles on trimmer, just common sense snd practice.

tgzzzz

Threads
The Darwin's Grip deal came. I don't have it dialed in but I like it a lot. Thanks

RayMcD

Threads
Some trimmer spin clockwise, they throw the trimming on you, some spin counterclock wise, they throw the trimmings away from you. Buy one the spins counterclock wise. Cheers, Ray

GrumpyCat

Threads
I find a shoulder strap helps hold the trimmer and to maintain a semi-constant cut height.

If you don't mind throwing money at the problem an EGo battery-electric mower with plastic deck weighs half or less than a metal deck gas mower. It will mow 45 - 75 minutes on one charge.

tgzzzz

Threads
I find a shoulder strap helps hold the trimmer and to maintain a semi-constant cut height.

If you don't mind throwing money at the problem an EGo battery-electric mower with plastic deck weighs half or less than a metal deck gas mower. It will mow 45 - 75 minutes on one charge.
Yeah, got the stihl double harness and stihl Km111 kombi. 14 lbs. The Darwin handle makes a lot of difference.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a padded trimmer strap. Let your body carry the trimmer weight. I have a ton of edging. It's a must have for sure.

Guess that Darwin adds weight towards the head and will change the trimmer balance.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bought a padded trimmer strap. Let your body carry the trimmer weight. I have a ton of edging. It's a must have for sure.

Guess that Darwin adds weight towards the head and will change the trimmer balance.
It promotes better posture for tall people.
I bought mine to save my back. Being hunched over, while using a weed whacker, causes me a lot of back pain. A trimmer strap doesn’t help me one bit.

tgzzzz

Threads

It weights grams ounces and changes the balance in a positive way for me. I'm going to paint the thing. It screams "please ask me wtf this is." I'd guess it's very similar to those commercial bicycle bars with a throttle.