Weed-eaters

ReggieDeere

Active Member
What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:
 
Can't go wrong with Stihl. I have a John Deere that has been trouble free for years. Only thing I don't like about it is the nylon shoulder strap that cuts into the side of my neck. So whatever brand you decide on be sure to get a padded shoulder strap.
 
Another vote for Stihl. I beat one to what I figured was death for about 10 years and it still ran strong.
 
My vote is for echo. Mine has been put through the wringer. I out a circular saw blade on it and use it for clearing saplings and heavy briars. Works great, cuts them right down to the ground. Any string trimming that it sees is usuall very overgrown stuff inthe woods or fence rows. I have been very happy with it. I have just kept the shaft lubed and replaced the air filter and that's about it.
 
I have heard that a herd of goats will be the the best EATER of grass!!

My wifes choice is a Black and Decker battery operated WEED TRIMMER, 18.5 volt home owner style.

I also have two extra batteries for it, they interchange with my 3/8 b&d drill.

T.J.
 
What kind of weed-eater do you use? Or what's the best weed eater in your opinion? I need some ideas because my previous one has bought the farm. :frown:

had a stihl for 22 years=now have a new hUSKVARNA straight shaft---much lighter-really like so far:thumbsup:
 
Redmax had a Stihl and just did not like it. I also like the commercial aspect of the Redmax. It should last me a very long time.
 
Back
Top