Way cool USA products

okiepc

Threads
Went to Walmart this morning to pick up a few things, while there I picked up a spool of line for my gas trimmer .080x 100', looking at it, it is five sided line Made In The USA, Charlotte, NC. by Husqvarna. Good to see US products at WM, I think I remember that WM was going to sell more USA products when possible. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

edd

Threads
i buy the large string spools from wal mart....095 size.....they are cheaper than lowes and the string works just as good

Bison

Threads
I Bought a CURT goose neck ball hitch the other day.On the box,...Proudly made in the USA,....on the hitch,..made in CHINA.

just saying

okiepc

Threads
I Bought a CURT goose neck ball hitch the other day.On the box,...Proudly made in the USA,....on the hitch,..made in CHINA.

just saying

That is just too funny:thumbsup:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

just saying

Box was made in USA and the hitch in China. Good chance the box was better made then the hitch???

Bison

Threads
Box was made in USA and the hitch in China. Good chance the box was better made then the hitch???
I expect a US company that markets their products as "made in the USA" to build them there as well and not cheat the public in believing it was made there.

Actually the hitch was build not to bad.

I bought a Made in US Donaldson oil filter once,.. the box had Donaldson on it but was made in AU,.. the filter itself was a genuine Baldwin made in Mexico.

What I'm trying to say is you can't these days never be sure were in the world a part is made that is being sold as genuine US build.
I just bought a diesel engine kit from a OEM dealer in the US.
The parts list included parts made in Taiwan, China, Mexico,AU and Brazil, and were assembled in Canada,..yo go figure:confused2:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am old enough to remember when it was made in Japan it was junk. Now I drive a Japanese car and other then maintenance it just never needs repairs. Way more then then what I can say about the Chevrolet I owned before this car.

Bison

Threads
I drive GMC's since 81 , can't say i got much trouble with them either.
the oldest i have is an 89 1500 hd truck with 6.2 diesel,...just like the energizer bunny...keeps going and going...700 k km on it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Made is USA most the time means its partially assembled here. Allowing them to claim made in the USA. While in reality its parts are made elsewhere. It's partially assembled elsewhere but the finishing touches were here

grumpygrizzly

Threads
I picked up to Arnold Multi-Tools off EBay (They were no longer available at any stores locally) a few months back. The boxes said made in China but, no where on the tool does it say where it's made. I have to say, it's a lot better than any Chinese made tool I've ever seen or used before.

The TopSaw Multi-Tool I bought before that (Now gathering dust on a shelf) has China stamped right into the metal and is pretty much a piece of junk. Wish I'd kept the receipt so I could take that one back.

I wrote some pretty nasty reviews about the TopSaw on whatever sites I could find them on, maybe that'll help other not make the same mistake.