Water System cuts

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Followed up on an ad on the local paper wanting someone to cut 9 locations scattered over like a 100 mile route. Cuts will only be once a month. All of them will be small areas compared to what we are used to cutting. One is probably 20'X20'. The largest is probably 50'X100'. How in the world do you bid such as that?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Per hour I would bid including drive time.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
It happens! A low baller probably won it or someone had his hand in the cookie jar real deep. You could phone back and see what's up. It wouldn't of paid that good. Imagine, cut once a month. That is at least a foot tall grass if not more in May.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
It happens! A low baller probably won it or someone had his hand in the cookie jar real deep. You could phone back and see what's up. It wouldn't of paid that good. Imagine, cut once a month. That is at least a foot tall grass if not more in May.

I saw one of them yesterday it had been cut. I don't think they had been cut this year.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't worry, you would of probably lost money on this. Extreme wear on your Kubota ZTR and probably no fun cutting extremely long grass.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don't worry, you would of probably lost money on this. Extreme wear on your Kubota ZTR and probably no fun cutting extremely long grass.
:) most of what we cut is extremely long.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well that sucks. No weekly cuts?

Out of 60 plus on the schedule we got three that are weekly and one that is on 10 days. The rest are 14 days except for three they are on 21 days. Normally all three of them however are no worse than the 14 day ones.

We have a lot we cut monthly that the home owners cut pretty regularly as well that are not on the schedule.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I wouldn't like that. I mostly do weekly, but right now I have some that are bi-weekly because there is no rain.