Wanting to Sell Dad's Gravely

What part of Ky. are you in? I live just south of Bardstown. I sold a seat attachment for one last year for over $100, so don't
give it away.

Let me know, I might be interested in it.
 
Where is the guy here with the blue book?

If this thing runs and is in good shape, it is worth a hell of a lot more than $100, If it is electric start, it may have a kohler
block on it with a starter generator, I don't know, I have only worked on a few old Gravelys.

Don't sell it until you have run it by here!!!!!
 
Where is the guy here with the blue book?

If this thing runs and is in good shape, it is worth a hell of a lot more than $100, If it is electric start, it may have a kohler
block on it with a starter generator, I don't know, I have only worked on a few old Gravelys.

Don't sell it until you have run it by here!!!!!

Thanks, Fish. I do know that it has an electric start, as compared to the strap around the round disk that you pull hardily to start it (earlier models from the 60s). It also has a button on the right handle that will kill the engine to stop it. I worked the earlier version with the strap and it took all my weight to pull the strap to get the engine to turn over.
 
I'm the guy who said he. Would look it up in the bluebook. I just got home after a 9.5 hour day and to be honest I forgot to look it up today. Will try to remember, but I know that tomorrow will be a minimum of 12 hours. Sorry if that is not fast enough for you.
 
Can you have some one put up some pics of the engine?

I'm afraid I am in Virginia and my sister is in KY. She isn't techno savvy with digital pictures and uploading them. The next time I visit I will be happy to take all kinds of pictures. There is no hurry in selling this on our end.
 
I'm afraid I am in Virginia and my sister is in KY. She isn't techno savvy with digital pictures and uploading them. The next time I visit I will be happy to take all kinds of pictures. There is no hurry in selling this on our end.

No hurry here, just hated to see you all sell it for nothing, they are great mowers. Sorry Rivets, not rushing anyone.

Best time to sell it will be spring anyway...
 
I'm the guy who said he. Would look it up in the bluebook. I just got home after a 9.5 hour day and to be honest I forgot to look it up today. Will try to remember, but I know that tomorrow will be a minimum of 12 hours. Sorry if that is not fast enough for you.

Wow, a 9.5 hour day and a 12 hour marathon to follow, I do admire your determination and endurance. No worries, no hurries. I just appreciate that you've taken the time to help me. When I posted on here I had expectations of falling between the cracks and not getting any response so I am thrilled for the info I've gotten so far. Beyond thrilled! Take care of yourself working so much!!
 
Had a chance to look in the bluebook, which only went back to 1979. The '79 model had a low trade in value of $180 and a high end at $320. I tell customers if you want to sell it yourself start off at 50% over high end if it is in good condition. Hope this helps.
 
Back
Top