Walmart to Carry New Snapper Mowers with Briggs & Stratton Engines

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Walmart to Carry New Snapper Mowers with Briggs & Stratton Engines
IL, we do the same as we have done in the past. We try to help that customer the best we can and then listen to them when they say one of three things. You guys charge too much, I'm not going to have it repaired, but can you give me the part number if I change my mind. At that price, I'll just go buy another mower, most likely at the big box store. I thought you were a repair shop, why can't you find the right parts? You're all a bunch of crooks. Isn't it a great time to be in this business. I'll say it again, buy from a dealer.

I know the feeling Rivets, I was just being sarcastic about the figuring out what kind of Murray they own. I which people would just buy from the dealers. People would get better service, the mower shops would be more profitable, which would slow or stop the decline of mower repair shops, and unlike the big box stores would actually know what they are selling, and could assist the customer in making the best purchase for there money.

As a service center assigned to two Walmart stores, and a Menard's it gets to be a pain in the butt, and I here the same things that you do, We are too expensive, parts are too expensive, and why does it cost so much to repair my lawnmower, it not a car or truck, it shouldn't cost hundred of dollars to repair my rider.

Consumers don't take into the account that we have overhead expenses, ongoing training requirements, special tool purchases that sometimes can cost hundreds themselves, and then may not use that tool more than once a year or less.

turbofiat124

Threads
That's nothing new. I was at Wal-Mart maybe 5 or 6 years ago and they had a one 28" riding mower in their overflow section and thought it was odd Wal-Mart was selling mowers around the dealers.

I buy nothing that has been sitting outside in the weather for months. Rusty fasteners, oxidized plastic, etc.

Tractor Supply is bad about that. They park just about everything outside either in a fenced in lot or out front chained up.

URRSwede

Forum Newbie
Threads
My dealer put it this way. I may have the order wrong but Bolens bought, Snapper, Someone else I can't remember bought Bolens, then Briggs bought the conglomerate. I have seen the mowers at Wal-Mart and they are just using the Snapper name for reputation and advertising. The three they feature are nothing like the HI-Vacs I have in quality or construction. May have a decent engine...it is a Briggs. But the front drive mowers can't compare to the disc drive transmissions. I just bought a Professional line Hi Vac with electric start from my dealer and it is the same in most respects as my 26 year old Hi-Vac it will supplant. Yes, the Wal-Mart mowers do resemble the old Murray I bought in 1972 in an Army PX but it was blue! My new one has pressurized oil pump and filter and OHV. They cut corners with the partially plastic wheels. They can be replaced. But it did come with a mulching plug as well as the big door bag and a twin ended Ninja Mulching Blade. My Thatcherizer still fits as do all the old attachments. They now recommend 89 octane fuel and an ethanol killer additive to save fuel systems. The cap has a capability of holding a small shot glass cup of fuel stabilizer. Everything else remains olde Snapper!

BTW, one of my dealers I use quit carrying Snapper. I bet it was the old corporate "take our entire line or goodby" philosophy. The dealer says "anyone who owns a Snapper buys a new Snapper. They are the best vacuuming mower on the market...bar none".

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bolens is owned by MTD, Snapper is owned by Simplicity which is owned by Briggs. MTD is making the Walmart snapper mowers, as well as the Murray riders, and some of the push mowers, Husqvarna is making the rest of the push mowers for Walmart.