w4r

w4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro z-420 with a Briggs/Stratton engine. Was mowing yesterday when the blades stopped. Drove mower to my garage and parked it. Today, tried to start the mower to move it and to troubleshoot the blade drive. Mower would not start. No spark at the plug. Opinions anyone??????

w4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Done that right off. The 30 and 25 amp fuses.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check all electrical connections by hand for being tight & secure including battery & ground cables & straps, switches, relays, etc. Check all belts including drive belt.

w4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Check all electrical connections by hand for being tight & secure including battery & ground cables & straps, switches, relays, etc. Check all belts including drive belt.

As best I could I've already done that. I even pulled the plug and grounded it against the engine to check for spark. No spark. Installed new plug - still no spark. I've disconnected and reconnecte all fittings and connections - no change.

Mikel1

Threads
Did you pull kill wire off ignition module then check for spark? If you have spark then you have a wiring, relay or switch problem. You can download an operator's manual on Toro's website which should have the wiring diagram in it.

w4r

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you pull kill wire off ignition module then check for spark? If you have spark then you have a wiring, relay or switch problem. You can download an operator's manual on Toro's website which should have the wiring diagram in it.

Mike, I've done this also and than tracked the wiring. I did not find any breaks, groundings etc. I did replace the PTO switch and a relay adjacent to the fuze block. That worked for about 5 minutes and the same problem occurred. Traced wiring as best I could and found one wire underneath the mower that had been knicked but still had continuity. Tried to restart - same problem. Probably blew the new components. As I was checking the wires I notice that there is a pulley on top of the PTO connection underneath that the pulley just above the connection had a lot of play. I also noted the the belt was really worn and have ordered a new one. Still won't fire off though. Guess whatever the problem is, is still there and blew the new components.

Mikel1

Threads
Did you locate the operator's manual, if so post the link to it. That way we can see the wiring diagram.