Vintage Lawn Mower Ads

Ad from 1969 for Huffy Electromatic lawn tractor. But what I notice most is the kid with the Huffy bike in the background. :thumbsup: I was 10 years old at the time and remember the radical bikes of the time of muscle cars and the space race. I put a lot of miles on one of those Huffy bikes that I had with features such as bananna seats, sissy bars, high rise handlebars, stick shifts, hi/low wheels and red wall, fat, slick back tires. :cool: They had names such as Cheater Slick, Dragster, Chopper etc. What a care free time it was when parents didn't worry where you were as long as you were back home in time for dinner. :laughing:
 

Attachments

  • 1969 Electromatic Huffy Lawn Mowers.jpg
    1969 Electromatic Huffy Lawn Mowers.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 69
that banana seat lead to alot crashes!...i remember we got 3 of us on one of those ....it was a short ride :laughing:
 
that banana seat lead to alot crashes!...i remember we got 3 of us on one of those ....it was a short ride :laughing:

Actually we could get 4 on the bike, 2 on the bananna seat, 1 hanging on to the sissy bar with their feet on the rear hub bolts and 1 sitting in the high rise handlebars all going downhill. :laughing: Evil Knievil had nothing on us.:biggrin:
 
1971 Huffy Caprice, Love those chrome wheel covers!:thumbsup:
Mini bikes for active fathers and sons in left bottom corner.:biggrin:
 

Attachments

  • huffy22.jpg
    huffy22.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top