Ventrac 4200 price and reliability

spamble11

Threads
LM,

Found a Ventrac 4231 for sale with a scoop, 60 mower, 60 inch blade and 54 inch blower, foot pedal and front weigh rack. Is a 2001 with 1750 hours on it. All service has been done to the book and everything works on it.

How reliable do they tend to be with good maintenance?

How much should a kit like that sell for? I realize its a guesstimate. just looking for a range.

It looks to be in pretty decent shape. Used residential only.

TIA

Last edited:

spamble11

Threads
If anyone has some insight I would appreciate it. I know it's kind of a tough post to deal with.

TX

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
What I think I know about Ventrac is more than I really know. With that said they are really good machines but very expensive to repair. You have 1 real option and that is have dealer fix it. I have not heard much on them breaking. But that may be because most can not fix them themselves. Now with that said if i could get one that was designed for hill mowing i would buy it and put it to work making me money right away. Hill mowing is needed in my neck of the woods. I could get a $60,000 contract from the city right now if i had such a thing. Problem is money to start. Do not have any. Back to your question. No idea what resale is but im sure it is high as supply is low and demand it high. I would try to find retail cost and if it is 1/2 or less of the price I would buy it.

spamble11

Threads
What I think I know about Ventrac is more than I really know. With that said they are really good machines but very expensive to repair. You have 1 real option and that is have dealer fix it. I have not heard much on them breaking. But that may be because most can not fix them themselves. Now with that said if i could get one that was designed for hill mowing i would buy it and put it to work making me money right away. Hill mowing is needed in my neck of the woods. I could get a $60,000 contract from the city right now if i had such a thing. Problem is money to start. Do not have any. Back to your question. No idea what resale is but im sure it is high as supply is low and demand it high. I would try to find retail cost and if it is 1/2 or less of the price I would buy it.

Thanks for the response. The guy wants $11,000. I'm buying it. New with these attachments are a stupid amount of money. I'm fairly handy so I can do most of the repairs and all of the maintenance. Hopefully doing the maintenance is all I'll ever need. :)

joecoin

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great price if it is as the seller says.

How about some pictures?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Very nice.

spamble11

Threads
I've had it for awhile now and it works great. Last owner took great care of it. Looking forward to some snow (after a find a cab for it).

Anyone know if there is a soft cab for these things that is decent? Just want something to keep the wind and wet off me.

tx

Raw Dodge

Threads
Haven’t been on in awhile...you stole that machine, you got a great deal. That is one of the most desirable packages and engines! That engine is just about bulletproof.