Value of LX188 ?

gentlejax

Threads
I know its going to be determined by the condition of it but here is the deal. I was offered 3 of them , yes 3 LX188 riding mowers for $150 total but a guy close to me. I wasnt actually looking for one of these but he offered.

I think out of 3 I should be able to get a working mower together eh? im waiting on pics now.all I know is they havnt been run in a while. guy got a newer mower and parked them. at least 1 he has was for parts but he never messed with any of them

I figure it would be hard to lose on the 3 for the price or am I wong? I have a deere mechanic a couple blocks from my house that is working on my JD push mower

NorthBama

Threads
go for it before the price goes up

JD is best

Threads
The LX stands for luxury so yes that is one of the best deals I have ever seen

gentlejax

Threads
The LX stands for luxury so yes that is one of the best deals I have ever seen

really? lol..that means the deal will be a bust before I can go get them or they will not be at all what he described..lol...

he told me " I had 1 I used to mow with and 2 I picked up and never messed with at all. I was using the working one right up till I bought a newer model"

so , 1 of these is supposed to be functioning or was...the other 2 should make 1 whole unit I hope.

too good a deal to me not to grab.

I have a toro rider but I would rather have the JD

gentlejax

Threads
I got pics and they are rough but I havnt sat down and looked closely to see. not sure yet what I am going to do. heck I would think the motors are easily worth the effort for the cost.

javjacob

Threads
The LX188 was probably the best "lawn" tractor JD ever made. It has a K61 transaxle which is much stronger than anything they put in the new lawn tractors and the Lx188's liquid cooled Kawasaki V twin is one of if not the best engines ever put in a lawn tractor. The only real weakness the LX188 has is the flimsy hood but that's just cosmetic anyway.