using marvel mystery oil in gas

stclair

Forum Newbie
Threads
i heard that you can use marvel mystery oil in mowers is this true

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just use gas. The more you add to your gas all you are looking for is problems.

HarryHarley

Threads
I use about an ounce or so in a 5 gal gas can along with Stabil.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I've used MMO for years without any issues in both 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Don't add more than recommended and you'll be fine. I like MMO better than Seafoam as a fuel system cleaner. I've checked the plugs after a couple months of mowing, and they have been burning just fine. It helps keep the piston and valves cleaner too...

L8R,
Matt

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never used it in gas. Though I've used it with my oil to help with an engine knock. 94 f250

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I use marvel mystery oil in air motors not gas engines.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've used MMO for years without any issues in both 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Don't add more than recommended and you'll be fine. I like MMO better than Seafoam as a fuel system cleaner. I've checked the plugs after a couple months of mowing, and they have been burning just fine. It helps keep the piston and valves cleaner too...

L8R,
Matt

Just wondering how many people pull there plugs out or take a engine apart just to see how clean the engine is running??? It looks like a hair brain idea to me. Put gas in it and run it, that's what they were designed to do.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Maybe so. But I don't mind going the extra step to keep my engines in top running condition. I'm very OCD about maintenance. I change the oil twice a summer and use nothing but synthetic oil. I take care of my lawnmowers the same way I take care of my cars. Plus the cleaner the piston, valves, and fuel system are, the more efficient the engine runs. That's why my 22 year old Craftsman II push mower still fires up on the first pull and doesn't burn any oil. That little 3.5 Tecumseh still runs like the day it was bought...

L8R,
Matt

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Maybe so. But I don't mind going the extra step to keep my engines in top running condition. I'm very OCD about maintenance. I change the oil twice a summer and use nothing but synthetic oil. I take care of my lawnmowers the same way I take care of my cars. Plus the cleaner the piston, valves, and fuel system are, the more efficient the engine runs. That's why my 22 year old Craftsman II push mower still fires up on the first pull and doesn't burn any oil. That little 3.5 Tecumseh still runs like the day it was bought...

L8R,
Matt

Yes are a few of you out there. 99% of the mower owners put oil and gas in them and run them. My John Deere 68 is older then your Craftsman and it just runs just fine. Keep up the good work and you will get another 22 years out of that Craftsman.

unclelee

Threads
Yes are a few of you out there. 99% of the mower owners put oil and gas in them and run them. My John Deere 68 is older then your Craftsman and it just runs just fine. Keep up the good work and you will get another 22 years out of that Craftsman.

Lol you kids and your shinny new fangled mowers.....I just couldn't resist...lol