Using craigs list to sell stuff

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I have been using CL for about 4 months and i have been selling stuff faster then i can list it
last night i listed a 357xp around 7:30 and i sold it this morning wow now that was fast. this
is how it has been the past few months i sold a saw that i had for 2years the other day. has anyone
else done this? tell me how CL has helped you

scott47429

Threads
i sell a ton of stuff on there all the time in the summer it has helped me alot

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think it is a great way to buy and sell locally. I have purchased a lot from Craigs List but have not sold much. What I like the most about it is you can physically check out the merchandise before purchasing and there are no shipping costs other than how far you may travel to purchase. Also Uncle Sam has no record that a exchange was made. Never have had a bad experience with it.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I think it is a great way to buy and sell locally. I have purchased a lot from Craigs List but have not sold much. What I like the most about it is you can physically check out the merchandise before purchasing and there are no shipping costs other than how far you may travel to purchase. Also Uncle Sam has no record that a exchange was made. Never have had a bad experience with it.

That is why i like craigs list but i sell alot more then i buy

metz12

Threads
i got my yard machines off of craigslist. ive also sold bikes, sporting equipment, tools, books and all sorts of stuff! its great

Bob E

Threads
I've had more success buying and bartering. Even when I make my prices ridiculously low selling seems to take time.
I also recommend meeting in public locations as often as practical. Most of the time it's just a hassle, but every once in a while you will come across somebody that you will be glad you didn't bring to your home.
If you get an email without any descriptive words that sounds like it could have been sent to anybody about anything it's most likely a spammer trying to get your email address. "do you still have this?" or any variation of the same idea is a real popular one.
Work off of a first come first serve bases when it comes to somebody handing you cash not emails and phone calls. Some people like to jurk you around for days just to end communication, change their mind, or turn into no shows. In the mean time you might have turned away a potential buyer or two by telling them you're waiting on someone else. They have already started looking for another one to buy before they get your message.
And if you're going to try the bartering thing make sure you are well educated on whatever you are trading for before you see it. There are a lot more dishonest people than honest. Almost Nobody seems to be willing to make anything close to an even trade. They all act like they are on some dumb#(%* reality show trading off junk in order to become millionaires or something.

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I've had more success buying and bartering. Even when I make my prices ridiculously low selling seems to take time.
I also recommend meeting in public locations as often as practical. Most of the time it's just a hassle, but every once in a while you will come across somebody that you will be glad you didn't bring to your home.
If you get an email without any descriptive words that sounds like it could have been sent to anybody about anything it's most likely a spammer trying to get your email address. "do you still have this?" or any variation of the same idea is a real popular one.
Work off of a first come first serve bases when it comes to somebody handing you cash not emails and phone calls. Some people like to jurk you around for days just to end communication, change their mind, or turn into no shows. In the mean time you might have turned away a potential buyer or two by telling them you're waiting on someone else. They have already started looking for another one to buy before they get your message.
And if you're going to try the bartering thing make sure you are well educated on whatever you are trading for before you see it. There are a lot more dishonest people than honest. Almost Nobody seems to be willing to make anything close to an even trade. They all act like they are on some dumb#(%* reality show trading off junk in order to become millionaires or something.

i am at home all the time so i am not worried about people doing weird stuff. i have people call and talk to me
befor we make any deals. well i must be doing something right i put a generator on two day ago and some one is
comeing to get it in the am i cant list it fast enough and some other thing is list cant sell for weeks.

Parkmower

Threads
I like CL. Have bought, sold, and bartered. I always offer to meet in public. Somethings sell fast some never. I have a 20" Murray great running 3.5 Briggs with a barely used deck on there for $20 and it hasn't sold in almost a year.

midnite rider

Lawn Addict
Threads
I will meet wherever, but if in public, instead of their house, it is that much better, because normally it makes the trip a shorter distance and easier to locate. First come with cash, first serve with merchandise is always the way to go. :cool2: