Engine unusual noise

xp14629

Threads
Any smoke from the exhaust? I have heard objectors go bad and they can sound like there is a bb in them beating back and forth, but normally they will over fuel slightly causing a black, gray, or white smoke. With it making the noise you could loosen the high pressure line to the injector till it is leaking and see what that does for the noise and for the engine rpm. Then tighten that line and move to the next one. If the noise goes away or the engine dosent change rpm any or as much as the other two cylinders, that is the one with the problem. Just keep your skin AWAY from where it is spraying out the fuel!!

bones66

Threads
I have a ZD 326 and my noise doesn't really sound like yours but something you might try. Get the engine up to operating temp. Open the engine cover, put gloves on and apply some pressure to the muffler and heat shield on the muffler. I have either a weld inside or on the heat shield that make some noise when warm. Doesn't really sound like your problem but it's a thought. Good Luck

PAKubota

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same noise you describe but I have a B7510. Noise is very loud when under a heavy load, quiets down when the load lessens but is still there. I have also used the top oil because of the ultra low sulpher fuel, no change. I complained about the clicking last year and the dealer changed out the drive shaft said it was loose cost me $1000, not under warranty, noise is still there. This machine only has 330 hours on it and I have already had to have all the bearings in the hydro replaced at 120 hrs, the drive shaft (???) and now this. I tried to contact Kubota but they never returned my calls, how do you get satisfaction from Kubota when they won't answer the phone and they won't return voicemails. :mad: