Engine unusual noise

zd326s

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have a 2010 zd326s zero turn mower with 97 hrs. problem is a loud tapping noise from around the top of engine.maybe enen from the injector side,hard to tell.this noise is loud enough to hear over the normal diesel engine noise and exhaust.dealer says its normal sounds of diesel engine. DONT THINK SO!!!! dont know what to do or think.if anyone has had this problem ,please comment before this drives me crazy.Even suffer a little power loss from new.

slc10844

Threads
Have you tried using a diesel fuel additive? I use one all of the time to keep the system clean and help lubricate the injectors and pumps. All we have around here is ULSD fuel.

zd326s

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes,i have used diesel fuel additives.NO CHANGE!!!! very disappointed in my kubotazd326s:frown:

BobbyR

Threads
Of course a diesel engine does make some tapping type noise, but if yours is that loud, I'm like you--it sure doesn't sound normal to me either. I'd insist the the dealer check it out. You can insist on speaking to the main man over Kubota and he WILL take care of it. I know from an experience my cousin had with his Kubota zero turn mower. The head guy visited the dealership where his mower was in the shop, and after they delivered it back to my cousin, it was finally fixed. He simply called the regional manager for Kabota and told them the problem he was having and that his mower had been in the shop more than at his house and he either wanted it fixed right or his money back. As I said, the manager took care of the problem.

slc10844

Threads
Has it always made the noise or is it something that just started? Does it do it all the time or just at certain rpm?

zd326s

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has it always made the noise or is it something that just started? Does it do it all the time or just at certain rpm?

hear this noise thoughout rpm range.could it be valve lash or injector pump.this noise run 1/2 time,likes its in the top-end of engine.

redfish9

Threads
Is it a rolling rattle or is it a tapping sound