Unintelligent people.

moparjoe

Threads
Nothing to do with mowers, but my definition of stupid
I was delivering 22,000 magazines to a building with no parking nor loading dock on a narrow street that I could not double park on .
So I was trollying them 200 a time from a block away .
Sitting on the corner were some black fellas strumming a guitar and having a bit of a sing song
The corner was next to a railway station used by university students who were going home en-mass .
It started to drizzle so the black fellas shifted their hats and the guitar player tilted the instrument so water would not enter the sound box and they continued their sing along .
The university students OTOH started to race to the station and one after the other , tripped, slipped & fell over to the point that 2 needed to be carted away by ambulance .
I am a bit chatty so was having a few words to the black fellas as I walked past .
As they were loading the woman who broke one of her high heels then broke her ankle into the waggon one of the black fellas looked at me saying "So universities teach people to be afraid of the rain ?"
Kind of like pussy cats.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
For a couple of years I delivered coffee to my old university
While it was out of my run , I got lumbered with it because I went there (30 years ago ) so I was supposed to naturally know my way around ( despite these being 8 new buildings and the roads totally rerouted.
The very dissapointing thing I noted was what the students wore & what they ate.
In my day it was 10c coffes between lectures from the vending machines and army surplus
Now days there were 5 branded coffee franchises selling $ 5 coffees & $ 10 cakes .
The students were wearing genuine high fashion clothing ( had Vogue for client so I can spot fakes at 100 paces ) .
And when they graduate they all whine about their $ 20,000 to $ 40,000 debt
My degree cost me $ 35,000 back in the 70's when graduate wages were $ 8,000 / pa

moparjoe

Threads
Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.
That reminds me of a coworker years ago, he tells me his pushmower wouldn't start yesterday so he beats it with a hammer. I said, matt, what the hell did you do that for, you know i work on mowers, all you had to do is bring it to me. Now you have to go buy another mower. He says he didn't care, it just made him feel better to do that. This is today's thought pattern, act first then think about it.

davis2

Threads
Sounds like my brother's boss that his mower quit and he couldn't start it so took a sledge hammer and beat the living hell out of it. Then he checked the gas tank. it was out fuel. So there is at least two idiots out there.
Trust me,tere are many more than two...

gamma_ray

Threads
Nothing to do with mowers, but my definition of stupid
I was delivering 22,000 magazines to a building with no parking nor loading dock on a narrow street that I could not double park on .
So I was trollying them 200 a time from a block away .
Sitting on the corner were some black fellas strumming a guitar and having a bit of a sing song
The corner was next to a railway station used by university students who were going home en-mass .
It started to drizzle so the black fellas shifted their hats and the guitar player tilted the instrument so water would not enter the sound box and they continued their sing along .
The university students OTOH started to race to the station and one after the other , tripped, slipped & fell over to the point that 2 needed to be carted away by ambulance .
I am a bit chatty so was having a few words to the black fellas as I walked past .
As they were loading the woman who broke one of her high heels then broke her ankle into the waggon one of the black fellas looked at me saying "So universities teach people to be afraid of the rain ?"
Just like learning basic things in life such as you can't melt in the rain and engines need gas, these things are usually taught at home at a young age.

Rdr202

Forum Newbie
Threads
Several years ago i used to work on (alot) of mowers and people wouldn't stop coming to me for help with their mower problems. One day this guy stops and buys a used push mower. He was shown how to start it. The next day he brings it back and tells me i sold him a piece of junk. He says he used it for 30 minutes and it quit and won't start. The first thing i did was check the fuel tank. I told him, you have to put gas in the tank. His response was, I FEEL SO STUPID. This guy was going to college, so much for education.
My brother in law bought a brand new String trimmer it came with a 50:1 bottle of oil. So he pours the little bottle of oil in the fuel tank (maybe holds a pint of fuel) then fills it with gas. He pull starts it and nothing but smoke. He then brings it back to the store and complains it's junk.

wolfey01

Threads
I just finished up getting an older Lawn Boy running for a friend of my sons. When I showed him that it would indeed run, I turned the lever on the back to "heavy", which of course increased the speed. He said, and I quote " why would turning the choke on increase the speed?" Someone told him that the speed lever was the choke. Explained why he said it took forever to get it started!

moparjoe

Threads
My brother in law bought a brand new String trimmer it came with a 50:1 bottle of oil. So he pours the little bottle of oil in the fuel tank (maybe holds a pint of fuel) then fills it with gas. He pull starts it and nothing but smoke. He then brings it back to the store and complains it's junk.
Apparently the manufacturer must have ran out of operator instruction booklets.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You know very well the first thing a operator does is to File 13 the instruction manuals.

lbrac

Threads
Several years ago i used to work on (alot) of mowers and people wouldn't stop coming to me for help with their mower problems. One day this guy stops and buys a used push mower. He was shown how to start it. The next day he brings it back and tells me i sold him a piece of junk. He says he used it for 30 minutes and it quit and won't start. The first thing i did was check the fuel tank. I told him, you have to put gas in the tank. His response was, I FEEL SO STUPID. This guy was going to college, so much for education.
Sounds like he was one of the "educated beyond his level of intelligence" students.