Uneven Grass Height with JD srx75

Chazzy-Chas

Forum Newbie
New member here, don't know if this is the right place to ask this, using a John Deere SRX75, when I mow my yard my grass is higher in the middle of the path, lower on the outer edges, blade is always shape, I've tried moving slower, tried moving faster, tried lower and higher deck heights, always the same results low outer edge, high in the middle. What the issue, can't figure it out, any and all thoughts welcome.
 
First thing to check is a level deck. Check your operators manual on how to adjust the deck.
Looked at that also, leveled all adjustable points after putting new belts on, thought maybe the belts might be slipping, wasn't that either, still scratching my head before hitting the wall with it, LOL
 
Did you level the deck by using the blade tips or deck shell? Did use an OEM belt? John Deere tractors are very fussy. Is the center blade turning as fast as the outside blades? Will need an assistant to help with this. Are you mowing at full engine speed? All these can contribute to the problem.
 
The first thing I would check is the wide open throttle engine RPMs. Mowing at anything below maximum recommended engine RPMs is pointless.
 
A single blade mower which leaves a high part down the middle? This is something I’ve never seen. Going to keep my eye on this thread, as I want to see the solution.
 
Back
Top