Uneven grass cutting

irishmike63

Forum Newbie
I have a Craftsman 21" self propelled mower. I bought it new several years ago. The problem is, I cant cut the grass evenly. I can go over my yard(small yard) 2 or three times, and there are still small clumps of tall grass. I bought a new blade, sharpened both the old and new, checked for balance, all to no avail. I keep the underside of the deck clean. This is perplexing to me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
 
Is the blade on the right side up. what happens when you take real small paths.is the belt tight. is the engine running fast enough.
 
Blade is installed correctly. What belt? The engine is running fast.

What LandN was getting at is ... it's not that uncommon to mount a blade upside down, happens a lot,

You have had this mower for several years... has it always had this problem? Or is this something rather recent... :smile:KennyV
 
I also recently just got this problem, Any Ideas or solutions?

Same type of lawnmower 21" gas with a governor which is also a little wonky..
 
Back
Top