Uneven Cutting

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just created a post about this myself. I know this is an older thread but curious what happened in the end. I've got a Cub Cadet ZT1 42 that I know the deck or blade took a hit on something and they apparently aren't that tough. Mine mows off kilter and looks like crap as the blades don't line up as the spindle mounting area is warped now. Last summer (2022) I beat the ever living heck out of it with various mallets with various types of wood (and watched Teryl's video of course) with minimal luck. I believe I tried to shim it too but can't remember now as I was pissed. lol. I priced a new deck this morning from CC which is in stock for the low price of $1,161 shipped. Ugh. Part of me wants to just sell the mower and buy something else.

But I'll take any ideas that anyone has to offer!
If you are unable to fix it yourself then it time for a professional to take a run at it. I see a lot of unlevel blades from spindle mounts being bent and it is an art to get the deck blades level again. Most of the here are damaged from hitting Bradford tree roots.