UNANSWERED Posts ???

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
As a novice I only answer posts I am sure about. I find that if someone gives the forum search a try there answer can be found there.

To carscw I to can name a few past and present forum members while quite knowledgeable can be outright ridiculous. From annoying rednecks to know it all mechanics who require model numbers to solve any problem.

There are a few unique personalities with unique experiences that can solve most problems but to many people want to turn it into a competition.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
As a novice I only answer posts I am sure about. I find that if someone gives the forum search a try there answer can be found there. To carscw I to can name a few past and present forum members while quite knowledgeable can be outright ridiculous. From annoying rednecks to know it all mechanics who require model numbers to solve any problem. There are a few unique personalities with unique experiences that can solve most problems but to many people want to turn it into a competition.

I guess I would be one of the rednecks.

This asking for a model number just to tell Someone how to put air in a tire is crazy.

When I need help with a engine I PM who I think can and has helped me the best. And only him.

It's like talking about OIL we all don't agree on what brand is best but it does not make any of us wrong.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I used to try and answer a wide variety of posts and do more than what I do now. There are a couple of reasons I slowed down drastically. First, due to death in the family and a change in my job responsibilities, my time the last six months has been very limited. Second, with no email notification I miss many replies and it looks as if I reply once and give up, which is far from the truth. Third, many times I will read the thread and it is not worth a reply because, OP is in over their head or I know I would not be able to stick around for a lengthy question and answer problem solving thread. Fourth, many OP's want a quick personal response to solve their problem NOW and feel they don't need to search the forum for solutions. My time is valuable, and if you keep coming to the forum with a different problem, on a different unit each time, I know they are looking for us to do the work for them. We are not their employees, just people who enjoy sharing their knowledge. Finally, as many of you know I won't shy away from call a spade a spade, and certain members get OP's screwed up with their post. I then PM the OP and let them know if they need help to PM me. Many times I just don't feel it is worth it and don't reply.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well with winter right around the corner these forums will get pretty scarce on interesting posts. Hopefully the regulars here will get there system together, and others as with every year will lose interest or simply forget about us. So the true die hards can shine.

Maybe the forum master can make the search button more defined, designed to catch peoples eye and make sure they are interested to use it. If after a quick search they feel there question is unique or want to delve further into a question it will make a new post.

A nice feature that could be designed is a symptom search. "Mower ran fine then I _____" "I pull and pull and it doesn't start" and they can choose symptoms from a chart and there mower type and the search feature can check forums.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used to try and answer a wide variety of posts and do more than what I do now. There are a couple of reasons I slowed down drastically. First, due to death in the family and a change in my job responsibilities, my time the last six months has been very limited. Second, with no email notification I miss many replies and it looks as if I reply once and give up, which is far from the truth. Third, many times I will read the thread and it is not worth a reply because, OP is in over their head or I know I would not be able to stick around for a lengthy question and answer problem solving thread. Fourth, many OP's want a quick personal response to solve their problem NOW and feel they don't need to search the forum for solutions. My time is valuable, and if you keep coming to the forum with a different problem, on a different unit each time, I know they are looking for us to do the work for them. We are not their employees, just people who enjoy sharing their knowledge. Finally, as many of you know I won't shy away from call a spade a spade, and certain members get OP's screwed up with their post. I then PM the OP and let them know if they need help to PM me. Many times I just don't feel it is worth it and don't reply.

I think you are one of the most helpful guys on here.

I have learned a lot from reading your comments.
I did notice you have not been commenting as much as you once was.

Sorry to hear about the death in the family.