UNANSWERED Posts ???

gfp55

Threads
I find it funny that there will be tons of unanswered posts that just sit and nobody responds to for days. So I try to answer one or two a day if I can help the person that is asking for help. Now, the post has sat for days and has sometimes 200 views, sometimes more, sometimes less, but most of the time the unanswered post goes unanswered. I must not understand why people post on a information forum. There are members on this forum that have something to say about everything but seem to miss the unanswered posts. A post will go unanswered for 3 days, so I respond to it and it goes to the top of the (NEW POSTS) list again and then must of the time others read it again and add to it which puts at the top of the (NEW POST) list again, etc, etc. Maybe more members should check out the (UNANSWERED) list and help the folks that are asking for help.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
gfp, I try to review the unanswered, but lack encyclopedic knowledge to answer all of them. Sometimes a nudge will motivate other forum members to respond. And I believe newbies do have resonsibility to search for answers . There is a wealth of knowledge here and a search can easily last an hour.

gfp55

Threads
gfp, I try to review the unanswered, but lack encyclopedic knowledge to answer all of them. Sometimes a nudge will motivate other forum members to respond. And I believe newbies do have resonsibility to search for answers . There is a wealth of knowledge here and a search can easily last an hour.

I do hear you about nembies having a responsibility to search for answers, but I have welcomed new members that have gone days without anyone saying, Hi Welcome to the forum. Take new member StratsRock, he tells us in his first post some info about himself and says he glad to be part of this forum and looks to the future. Nobody said Hi, Welcome or go piss up a rope. Then he posts about him wanting to start a new business and asking about a trailer, then someone had something to say. Then there is the newbie that hasn't a clue about machines, knows nothing about the names of parts and they gets nothing. If folks don't want to help others when they are asked then why are they a member of this forum. I know that there are some that do help, but others don't and they know who they are. Just think about it, thats all. Talk is cheap and it will not hurt you to say Hi, Welcome, maybe I can help if I can.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do hear you about nembies having a responsibility to search for answers, but I have welcomed new members that have gone days without anyone saying, Hi Welcome to the forum. Take new member StratsRock, he tells us in his first post some info about himself and says he glad to be part of this forum and looks to the future. Nobody said Hi, Welcome or go piss up a rope. Then he posts about him wanting to start a new business and asking about a trailer, then someone had something to say. Then there is the newbie that hasn't a clue about machines, knows nothing about the names of parts and they gets nothing. If folks don't want to help others when they are asked then why are they a member of this forum. I know that there are some that do help, but others don't and they know who they are. Just think about it, thats all. Talk is cheap and it will not hurt you to say Hi, Welcome, maybe I can help if I can.

I think you'll have that kind of thing happen on all forums. Some people aren't interested in someone else's personal life. I mean really how can you comment on an introduction. When he he posted about him wanting to start a new business and asking about a trailer I think I was the first to respond. Now I know what your talking about and it's a shame that some of the post go unanswered and the postings from some of the newbies that ask some of the most ridiculous questions I've ever heard but all in all it takes all kinds of people and opinions to make forums work. As far as the new member section goes I personally think it's a waste of time. It shouldn't be used for conversation anyway, just introduction. I never used it for anything and if I want to find or need to know something about someone on or that uses the forum I use there Profile which all members should have filled out and if they don't apparently they don't want someone snooping around in there personal life which is there choice.

Mikel1

Threads
They may be unsure of there answer, just don't know and the list of reasons could go on & on.
People are less inclined to just welcome someone unless they have a problem or need advice. Most members are looking to help.
For example, I am on a large archery forum where there are at least 1,000 members on at any time. They have a welcome section but usually only 4 people(usually the same members) post a welcome to each new member. That's out of almost 39,000 active members.

gfp55

Threads
I see now, its too hard to say Hello or some are too good to take time out because their lives are so very busy playing on the net. What goes around comes around in life. Its just easy to be nice. If the posts are so stupid why are you on a forum that is supposed to be an information forum. (((Warning))) ONLY ASK SMART QUESTIONS !!!!! Introductions give you an idea of who is asking for advice. Sometimes you can't tell if the poster is a man or woman, young or old just by their forum names.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
A year or so ago everyone got a welcome and people really tried to help everyone.

Then the trolls showed up that wanted to start drama. Thinking they are the only ones that know anything. And putting others down for the way they do things.
So a lot of members just stopped trying to help as much.

I have been here a few years. One member that I always thought gave the best ways to find the problem and the only one that I ever ask for help hardly gets on here anymore. Because of trolls telling him he gave bad advice. When in fact he gave the best advice.

Then we have the ones that show up and want to change things.

This used to be a place where you could get 20 guys telling you how they do things. Now we just do not want to comment after someone else has for fear of getting insulted and drama starring.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I see now, its too hard to say Hello or some are too good to take time out because their lives are so very busy playing on the net. What goes around comes around in life. Its just easy to be nice. If the posts are so stupid why are you on a forum that is supposed to be an information forum. (((Warning))) ONLY ASK SMART QUESTIONS !!!!! Introductions give you an idea of who is asking for advice. Sometimes you can't tell if the poster is a man or woman, young or old just by their forum names.

Just by their forum name? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I live in a very rural area. There are 2 traffic lights in the whole county and they are both in the same town., the county seat.

I've witnessed the transition in the past 40 years from friendly to, well, I just don't know how to describe but maybe the next sentence will tell the story.

40 years ago everyone in this area gave a friendly wave to the person when meeting on a dirt road or even on the open 2 lane highway. Today you are more likely to get flipped off. Our once great society has gone to he11 in a hand basket and the attitude of the people will need to change to rehabilitate it.

gfp55

Threads
A year or so ago everyone got a welcome and people really tried to help everyone.

Then the trolls showed up that wanted to start drama. Thinking they are the only ones that know anything. And putting others down for the way they do things.
So a lot of members just stopped trying to help as much.

I have been here a few years. One member that I always thought gave the best ways to find the problem and the only one that I ever ask for help hardly gets on here anymore. Because of trolls telling him he gave bad advice. When in fact he gave the best advice.

Then we have the ones that show up and want to change things.

This used to be a place where you could get 20 guys telling you how they do things. Now we just do not want to comment after someone else has for fear of getting insulted and drama starring.[/QUOTE

Point taken. I hear what you are saying loud and clear. You all have a good day. Best Regards

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

It's funny you should say it's too hard to say hello. I live in a neighborhood where I've actually talked to some clients that have moved back to the state they originally came from (Kentucky) because they found the people here to be non or anti social. Nobody here talks to anyone, Nobody associates with anyone. It seems people today are to busy to take the time to wave or say hi. Hey they don't even have time to mow the lawn say nothing about cleaning there house. My parents said the same as you and I'd say the towns and times like they and SeniorCitizen talk about are no longer there and neither are the people, that was 50 or 60 years ago. It's just not life today.

Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow, Live Today