Type of Lawnmower

goulais

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1984 Murray Riding Lawnmower. It hasn't been used for several years and I am trying to
get it back in working condition!! The main problem I have is the clutch/brake operation. It will
fire up by being jumped, but there is a problem with starting it using the key. I'm presently working on that. Hopefully it will be something as simple as adjusting the brake rods.
My name is Susan Walton and I live in Mount Olive, NC

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A few things you need to check. Are you jumping the battery, or just going directly to the starter? Have you measured battery voltage? To starter your machine you need a minimum 11.0V. Do you have the parking brake on, PTO disengaged, and sitting in the seat when you try to start the tractor? Let's get the engine running the we will talk about the brakes.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
WELCOME to LMF

I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

JF5000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1984 Murray Riding Lawnmower. It hasn't been used for several years and I am trying to
get it back in working condition!! The main problem I have is the clutch/brake operation. It will
fire up by being jumped, but there is a problem with starting it using the key. I'm presently working on that. Hopefully it will be something as simple as adjusting the brake rods.
My name is Susan Walton and I live in Mount Olive, NC

Hi Susan! You might want to start by removing and re-connecting the wires on your ignition. After setting up for a while they may loose a good connection.

SONOFADOCKER

Threads
Break out the WD40 - if it has sat parked with the brake on for a year or so - lube it up .