Threads
Turf Tiger body
Model: STT61V-26CH-EFI
Serial #: K1900995

Kohler Engine. 26.5 EFI
Model: ECH749 - 3043
Serial #: 4408804871
Build Date: 3/27/2014 N11238

I was mowing and the PTO disengaged and will not engage again.

What I've done so far...

Battery voltage standing 13.18v. Checked battery with a load and it was good.
PTO clutch tested at connecting wire shows 2.4ohms
PTO ground at connecting wire .3 ohms
PTO clutch will click when tested with battery voltage

I tried to check the voltage from the switch to the clutch while the mower was running and blew the 20 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and everything started just fine. I guess I did that wrong. I used the open connector and tried to check the voltage across the two wires. Maybe someone can call me stupid and let me know the right way to do that. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to test next. I have been searching the forums for any help but I did not find anything specific. I'm sure it's here somewhere. So far it seems everything is working.

Last edited:

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Turf Tiger body
Model: STT61V-26CH-EFI
Serial #: K1900995

Kohler Engine. 26.5 EFI
Model: ECH749 - 3043
Serial #: 4408804871
Build Date: 3/27/2014 N11238

I was mowing and the PTO disengaged and will not engage again.

What I've done so far...

Battery voltage standing 13.18v. Checked battery with a load and it was good.
PTO clutch tested at connecting wire shows 2.4ohms
PTO ground at connecting wire .3 ohms
PTO clutch will click when tested with battery voltage

I tried to check the voltage from the switch to the clutch while the mower was running and blew the 20 amp fuse. Replaced the fuse and everything started just fine. I guess I did that wrong. I used the open connector and tried to check the voltage across the two wires. Maybe someone can call me stupid and let me know the right way to do that. Thanks.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to test next. I have been searching the forums for any help but I did not find anything specific. I'm sure it's here somewhere. So far it seems everything is working.
Could be an intermittent PTO switch that works most of the time, and then doesn’t some of the time. Remove and replace PTO switch. Also, really visually check the wiring, all the way up to where it enters the PTO clutch, looking for damage to wires, connections.

Simplefarmer

Threads
Could be an intermittent PTO switch that works most of the time, and then doesn’t some of the time. Remove and replace PTO switch. Also, really visually check the wiring, all the way up to where it enters the PTO clutch, looking for damage to wires, connections.

The PTO switch is actually 4 months old. Is there a way to test the switch before I replace it? I'm thinking that I may have touched the two probes together and that may have blown my 20amp fuse. Just before the engine died I imagined I was looking at 13 volts on the circuit with the PTO switch engaged. Can't be sure though, it happened fast.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
The PTO switch is actually 4 months old. Is there a way to test the switch before I replace it? I'm thinking that I may have touched the two probes together and that may have blown my 20amp fuse. Just before the engine died I imagined I was looking at 13 volts on the circuit with the PTO switch engaged. Can't be sure though, it happened fast.
Turn mower ignition switch one turn (not cranking), and pull PTO switch. Does the clutch engage, clicking sound? If so, then you know switch is good and engaging PTO clutch.