trying to get a toro mower started

mcf57

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, I have a Toro recycler push mower. I made the mistake of letting it sit too long without adding fuel stabilizer to the gas. it now won't start. is it possible to get it going again? I have heard you can maybe just flush the old gas and then run it with new gas. Or would there maybe be more involved?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
at most, the carburetor needs cleaned and fresh fuel.
post the model number of the toro and the engine and we can help you out.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
stabilizer or no stabalizer you can not stop fuel evaporating to leave a tarry residue that gums up the carb
So it will be off with the carb & give it a thorough cleaning
Then new fuel, new plug .
Some times you can also get a build up in the fuel lines as as there is only a couple of inches of it I replace that as well as a mater of course .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
stabilizer or no stabalizer you can not stop fuel evaporating to leave a tarry residue that gums up the carb
This something that is hard to get through to some customer and techs that this can be the case when they blame all fuel related problems on ethanol here. And it also leaves residues from all the other additives behind too the US EPA requires.

My '79 Malibu use to clog up the fuel all the time using unlead plus fuel. There was a chalky additive in it. When I went to regular unlead the changing of the fuel filter on the side of road went away.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
This something that is hard to get through to some customer and techs that this can be the case when they blame all fuel related problems on ethanol here. And it also leaves residues from all the other additives behind too the US EPA requires.

My '79 Malibu use to clog up the fuel all the time using unlead plus fuel. There was a chalky additive in it. When I went to regular unlead the changing of the fuel filter on the side of road went away.
You know, YOU were the only person buying that old plus junk right? Everyone else was on plain Jane 87. That plus was probably a science project in the underground storage tank.