Trying to fix my lawn mower!

ashleylund

Forum Newbie
I was attempting to fix my broken wheel earlier. It appears I must have broke something else in the process. Go figure. I'm not a genius when it comes to this stuff, but I can figure out most things with some instruction. I've looked up a ton of stuff online and I'm still having problems figuring out what is going on.

I have a Craftsman 650 series. Model 917370581. It appears some sort of cable is broken on the side. I have looked everywhere and I can't figure out what the cable is. Here is a picture.

14800991_10104179066748679_448829696_n.jpg14805344_10104179067247679_510538689_n.jpg14805556_10104179067362449_1063732295_n.jpg
 
The cable you are showing is the engine brake cable. The other end should be attached to the bail handle which you pull back to start the unit.
 
Looks like you broke off one of the ears that a wire attaches to and will need to replace the kill switch now.
 
Back
Top