Trying to figure out what I need?

crash1369

Forum Newbie
Threads
On 2 acres, assuming that you are only mowing an acre the clippings will fill a 2 ton truck ,
That is a big bagger for a single empty
Hire a crew to cut & bag to confirm this
A one acre yard will fill at least one pallet bag ( pallet size cubed ) strait off the mower
The crew will get in & stomp it down a couple of times till it weighs 1/2 ton
Oh, I was just assuming since most of the mowers I've been looking at had at least two, usually three bags (and I'm fairly sure one professional model specifically mentioned increasing productivity by not having to stop and empty) that it would be enough. Clearly I underestimated the capacity I guess 🤔

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Those bags hold about 2 to 3 walk behind mower catchers worth of grass

crash1369

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks guys, looks like I'll be letting em fly

More importantly I was talking to a guy down the street from who generously offered to let me mow his lawn whenever I want, and/ or buy his house! lol (He doesn't know I already looked at it before I bought the property we have 🤫)
But we were talking about his yard and how thick/ wet the grass is around his pond and it sounds like if it can do that my yard should be OK, I'll just need to stay on top of it but I'm looking at a Ferris I should be able to get a good deal on since I'm not in any rush to get it now and he knows a guy 😂