Trying to decide between 2 21" mowers.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Guess if you get a Honda that pulls backwards, wax choke system works and would fill the bag when mowing, keep it??.

sootypipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Guess if you get a Honda that pulls backwards, wax choke system works and would fill the bag when mowing, keep it??.
Or sell it for twice what everyone’s asking for all the other overpriced used Honda’s, buy a clean used/never used Toro from Facebook Marketplace, never have an issue for 25 years, and pocket the $500 you have left over!

deminin

Threads
I've got a Toro Personal Pace that is at least 10 years old. I change the oil and filter as recommended, and it still works great. I may get a new set of front wheels before Spring, but that's about it after hundreds of hours mowing. OH...and a couple of spark plugs.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A 20 year old one would have lasted even longer but a 5 year old one won't .
As I keep on telling people
The big retail chains run on a 50% to 100% mark up so a $200 mower is $ 150 on their dock.
Transport can add $ 50 to that so that means it it was $ 100 at the factory gate
$ 100 is about 1/2 days wages so what sort of quality do you expect for a 1/2 day ?

If it is imported then you can work on a 100% mark up every time an invoice is raised so the factory in China is getting around $ 20 for the $ 200 mower
That is 1 to 2 hour of labour in the USA so again what would you expect to get from some one who worked for 2 hours ?

And yes if you buy them in big enough quantities you can get walk behinds for $ 20 a piece from China and in the USA that mower would be worth almost that as scrap metal & plastics when dissasembled .