Troybilt XP33 (Cub Cadet 760 ES)

SGL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Less than 12 hrs on my machine and it's stalling out after running maybe 15-20 min. It runs good then begins to miss and sputter. If I choke it it seems to come back a bit but eventually dies. But then it starts fine but doesn't run long, just enough for me to move it out of the yard. Usually dies out again then restarts so I can move it to the trailer. I run nothing but Shell 89. Filters clean. I blew out fuel filter. Any ideas? I need this for my business. Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like it should still be under warranty, let your local troybilt dealer figure it out.

SGL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like it should still be under warranty, let your local troybilt dealer figure it out.

It is but you know how long that takes. I need a service manual for the damn thing so I can work on it.

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
Less than 12 hrs on my machine and it's stalling out after running maybe 15-20 min. It runs good then begins to miss and sputter. If I choke it it seems to come back a bit but eventually dies. But then it starts fine but doesn't run long, just enough for me to move it out of the yard. Usually dies out again then restarts so I can move it to the trailer. I run nothing but Shell 89. Filters clean. I blew out fuel filter. Any ideas? I need this for my business. Thanks.

loosen the fuel cap when it does that and see if it is not venting

SGL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
loosen the fuel cap when it does that and see if it is not venting

Yeah I heard that could be an issue and just tried it, no help. Seems that once it gets hot it starts stalling out. I ran it on low rpms and it lasted maybe 15 min. Started sputtering and just cuts out. I had hope for awhile because it started to miss then I gave it a little throttle and it evened out but once I got to the back yard it eventually cut out on me.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
to help us narrow down the possible issues would you mind telling us what engine you have with model number if possible.

SGL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
to help us narrow down the possible issues would you mind telling us what engine you have with model number if possible.

420cc OHV motor. Think it's a Chinese built B&S clone. 12AE76JU011

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
From the symptoms it sounds like a fuel starvation problem Check the fuel tank for debris that could be blocking the outlet. also check the fuel lines for restrictions. Next make sure there isn't in the fuel inlet of the carb, or maybe the carb float is sticking shut.

SGL1

Forum Newbie
Threads
From the symptoms it sounds like a fuel starvation problem Check the fuel tank for debris that could be blocking the outlet. also check the fuel lines for restrictions. Next make sure there isn't in the fuel inlet of the carb, or maybe the carb float is sticking shut.

That's what I'm thinking it's fuel related but why only when it gets hot? Runs fine for a period then shuts down?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I am thinking partial obstruction of the fuel system. It runs for a while but can't keep up with the fuel flow, then after setting the carb refills and you start again. Could be plastic debris in the tank shutting off the outlet nipple, or maybe gotten into the fuel line or even into the carb.

Have even seen what looks like jello obstruct fuel filters. Like I said before this should be a warranty issue.