Troybilt 2246 with Briggs 407777 motor - throttle linkage

swolfe0124

Forum Newbie
I have a 4077-77-0990-g5 Briggs on a Troybilt 2246 (22 hp intek v twin) and i replaced the carburetor recently. I neglected to take a picture of the linkage and now i'm afraid i'm missing something. I've looked all over for any videos/images...nothing
 
Boobala - Thank you for the quick response; however, I did see all of these already and none of them match my particular engine. I can assure you that I have spent quite a bit of time looking everywhere on the net. I'm hoping that someone out there has had some experience with this.
 
It is easier for us if you take pictures and then we can tell you if you missed something seeing as most hook up the same with a little variance.
 

Looking at your pic, .. and the manual I sent ....(sections 3 & 4 ) it APPEARS all is correct, I also have a Briggs twin
but I am unable to get to my mower today ... to compare linkages ..... possibly tomorrow.

I would suggest you study SECTIONS 3 & 4 in the manual ... and let us know exactly what is it YOU are concerned about "missing"... have you checked all linkage movement for operation ... have you run the engine ??
 
Thank you Boobla. My apologies as I did not see the manual. This got me in the right direction. Turns out the new carb I put on was bad. Switched it out and everything is ruining top notch.

Thanks everyone for your help. This newbie needed it!!
 
Thank you Boobla. My apologies as I did not see the manual. This got me in the right direction. Turns out the new carb I put on was bad. Switched it out and everything is ruining top notch.

Thanks everyone for your help. This newbie needed it!!

GLAD THINGS WORKED OUT ... THANKS for your up-date .. it helps others on the site... Boobala ..:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top