Troy Built Mower Sputtering - Help!

jeff

Threads
OK, not the cap. How well does it run at first after startup? It could be a dirty fuel system. Before you replace your coil, try running Sea Foam in the gas for a couple of tanks. If the problem continues then check for spark immediately after it dies.

concort

Forum Newbie
Threads
Runs fine at first start up. Just a little sputtering you can hear coming out of muffler...not much. But after running for a period (10-15 min) it progressively gets worse.

I did unscrew that little silver colored dome looking thing that the fuel runs into that I guess regulates the fuel going into carborator...There didnt seem to be any dirt sitting at the bottom of that. I can check again I suppose.

What is sea foam? Where do I get that? Maybe I should empty all this gas and get new?

How do I check spark plug after it dies. Just pull the plug out with wire still attached and pull the cord to start engine? I suppose the plug should spark when I do this correct?

fwinterburn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Any update on this? I have a 675 series that started having the same issues about 6 months ago. I was able to get it running again by changing the plug, filter oil and gas, and spraying carb cleaner, but now after about 3 months of use it started doing the same thing. It started up for about 1 minute then died, now it won't start at all.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
WELCOME to LMF...
Just like the other problem you must be having Either ignition OR Fuel delivery problems...
We were about to find out if it was ignition when the discussion stopped...

Lets try Fuel first.. With the air cleaner Off, spray carb cleaner, ether, WD40... anything flammable directly into the carb While trying to start... If it starts & will run with your spray fuel, you will know it is a fuel problem... :smile:KennyV