Troy Built 4 cycle TB575ss hard starting

I have owned this trimmer for a while and it is getting hard to start. Replaced the plug and cleaned carb although it was real clean inside. I have to spray starting fluid to get it started and then it runs great. Wonder if a different kind of plug would help it to start easier? I like the trimmer but my shoulder is bad and I can't pull on it 10 to 20 times to start it. And then when its warm it can be hard to start. Makes no sense.

Banjomaniac
 
New lines bulb and filter and it is sucking gas good . I might get a carb kit and try that. Once its running it runs great its just really hard to start.

Banjomanic
 
check the spark arrestor screen in the muffler for being clogged
(clean with a wire brush and maybe a little gas or carb cleaner.)
 
New lines bulb and filter and it is sucking gas good . I might get a carb kit and try that. Once its running it runs great its just really hard to start.

Banjomanic

If you press the primer bulb a few more times than what you normally do then does it help startup. Looks like only one adjustment on carb, might try bumping idle up just a little. Not enough for trimmer head to start trying to rotate.
 
Back
Top