Troy-Bilt won't start

bobtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
My Troy-Bilt, model# 12AVB26M011, Briggs 6.75, won't even hiccup. Two years old and only been used about 4 times because of our drought. Always started with first pull and ran great. I always run tank dry at last mowing and put fresh gas in yesterday. Doesn't seem to be spark at wire plug. Is it safe to check with ohm meter (probably not). If there is no spark, what could problem be? It sure sounds dead. Thanks for any help!

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
My Troy-Bilt, model# 12AVB26M011, Briggs 6.75, won't even hiccup. Two years old and only been used about 4 times because of our drought. Always started with first pull and ran great. I always run tank dry at last mowing and put fresh gas in yesterday. Doesn't seem to be spark at wire plug. Is it safe to check with ohm meter (probably not). If there is no spark, what could problem be? It sure sounds dead. Thanks for any help!

Does it have a metal spark plug cover? They are prone for causing no spark.
The only way to check for spark though is with a spark tester.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Spray some carb cleaner in the cylinder and see if it fires. If it does, you have spark and must look for a fuel problem.

bobtx

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are there any manuals in here that would show a diagram of the carburator fot the Troy-Bilt 12AVB26M011? Thanks

Bob