Troy Bilt TB675EC String Trimmer Not Running Right

Blaine B.

Threads
It turns out that there was nothing wrong with the fuel filter nor the muffler.

The main fuel line between the carburetor and the fuel filter was deteriorating pretty badly. I went ahead and replaced that fuel line. The other two fuel lines between the fuel tank, primer, and carburetor were of a different transparent type and were not deteriorating.

This string trimmer seems to run a little nicer, but not by much. I was able to achieve "full throttle" under half-choke but that's it. With no choke it will bog down and die just the same. Either way, even under half-choke it still isn't running right, and there is no difference running it with or without the muffler attached to the engine.

I didn't take the head off to examine the cylinder for scoring. I think that's it for this one, I may as well try to sell it for parts to recoup some of the cost of the replacement parts I put in to it.

I also noticed to be getting quite a bit of oil blow by coming out of that little port behind the air filter. There is a tube running between the air filter housing and the engine. I assume this is the crankcase ventilation?

Granted, the oil level was filled too high before, but I rectified that today. Still getting oil coming out of the vent.

It must be FUBAR. And I believe this machine to be less than 4 years old. Not surprising for China made crap, I guess.