troy bilt self propelled 12av839n711

dwint

Well-Known Member
I bought this used and bought the correct belt.it is moving better but even with the adjustment all the way out it still and pull the lever the belt still has some play.i took the lever apart and grabbed the cable with vise grips and pulled hard and it worked.obviously the cable is stretched .wouldn't it be easier to get a smaller belt and cheaper than buying a new cable
 
im not doubting you I was thinking it would take up the slack and its easier than changing the cable
 
I would get a belt a half inch shorter

Or take the cable off and go to a bike shop and have them make you a new one

(( racing is the only sport that you need two balls ))
 
The time spent changing belts is the same amount of time changing the cable. Fix it right. Change the cable or pay someone to change the cable for you.
 
Back
Top