Troy Bilt Pony 42T Drive Belt Slipping

Hutch3703

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt Pony 42T bought new in 2021. The drive belt has started slipping preventing the drive from engaging. I tried replacing the belt and it didn’t work. I did notice that when I put on the new belt the drive pully is loose where it goes into the transmission. When the belt is installed and everything back in place the drive pully is not level. I removed the pully completely and found that the shaft going into the transmission is looseIMG_6236.jpeg. Is there anyway to fix this without having to replace a $500 transmission?? Any help is appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Referencing actual model number 13AN77BS023 provide my research is correct.

Kinda usual to have one this new to have this problem.

If you got a lot side play of the input shaft then the needle bearings are shot. I believe you will need two MTD 941-0335 bearings (INA SCE108) but you might to get the SCE108 bearings instead as you can get a couple for the same price as one of the MTD bearings. As us shop owners we can a larger number of bearings so the each goes down.

You also should use a blind hole bearing puller to remove these though you might be able to punch them out.

Also check the end play (in and out play) as the shims might be worn and need replacing.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending on when it was purchased could still have part of the 2 year warranty remaining and if so let MTD fix it.