Troy Bilt LX1842 tightening belt

SF1

Active Member
hello everyone, I have the lx1842 and the pto was never engaging, so I figured to buy a new belt. After I installed it, the pto did engage and I was finally able to cut the grass for a couple of days. Then to make a long story short, the belt had gotten loose, and I was no longer able to cut the grass.. I'm figuring the pulleys need to be tightened, as well as some other things too. Btw I bought the MaxPower 336352 drive belt, and I later saw in user reviews that it comes a little loose to begin with, which is terrible. $25.00 down the drain. Can anyone possibly tell me how to get the belt tighter, because I'm not seeing how to do this in the user manual. Any help or advice would be great. Thanks
 
Check to see that the PTO tensioner arm is moving freely. Pivot point may be worn allowing the arm to get caught, not allowing tension on the belt.

 
Check to see that the PTO tensioner arm is moving freely. Pivot point may be worn allowing the arm to get caught, not allowing tension on the belt.

Ok, I will try that . Hopefully I can get to it this week. Thanks 👍
 
Hi guys, yes it is the transmission belt directly under the motor like you've mentioned. Is this belt a complete ***** to get to or is it just me ? So I have to remove the entire mower deck ? Thanks to both of you for your help.
 
Back
Top