Troy-Bilt Lawnmower SP Issues

eddie57

Threads
It is kinda pain to do that with this mower cuz if u take the front apart the belt is loose so u r just eyeballing it if the belt is loose.
If u want to check if the belt is tight I think the best place is to look underneath with someone or held with a rope to see if the belt is tight.

By the handle where the cable comes out of the box is a screw. It is like a 10 speed bike- unscrew it to make the cable longer thus belt tighter. Mine went out pretty far so I took 1 more step.

hacker suggestion:
At the front if u take apart the front (8 screws I recall) there is a bracket holding the cable casing still. I took that out and put a washer in to make the cable casing longer thus the cable tighter. That worked for me

If after doing this and the belt is still loose maybe u got 1in too long....
I haven't taken the cover off yet, but I was just checking the Blade Control and Drive Control levers and when I squeeze the Blade Control lever the tension is tight, when I squeeze the lever for the Drive Control, it has a lot less tension. The belt was recently replaced and it was actually slightly smaller that the old belt which after 10 years was stretched a bit. You mentioned on the handle and the box, I don't see a box or any way to adjust it. I attached a picture of the levers. Thanks.

Attachments

• Blade, Drive Controls.jpg
    Blade, Drive Controls.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 4

upupandaway

Threads
"handle and the box " Oh. Oops my bad - mine had a different handle. scratch that idea. Did u already try the add washer trick i mentioned?

eddie57

Threads
"handle and the box " Oh. Oops my bad - mine had a different handle. scratch that idea. Did u already try the add washer trick i mentioned?
Not yet. Will take a look at it this week. Thank you.