Troy Bilt Horse drive belt keeps coming off

Gord Baker

Threads
It appears it is coming off the Front (Engine) Pully. Put 'keepers' beside that pulley/clutch.

boodas0121

Forum Newbie
Threads
Align Pulleys, M'f'g'rs Belt. Check all mounting brackets for Trans.
Be sure you are going around the Idlers correctly.
Everything is correct...It just started happening , I finished mowing one day , parked the mower, and the next time I got on it, it is throwing the belt. Several times I put the belt back on the idler pulleys, I also put a new belt on , and it is still throwing the belt off the idler pulleys. I ordered new pulleys to see if that will help. If you look at Semimechanics video, thats what my mower is doing. Was hoping he would respond, I see him on almost daily, but no response.

Gord Baker

Threads
Everything is correct...It just started happening , I finished mowing one day , parked the mower, and the next time I got on it, it is throwing the belt. Several times I put the belt back on the idler pulleys, I also put a new belt on , and it is still throwing the belt off the idler pulleys. I ordered new pulleys to see if that will help. If you look at Semimechanics video, thats what my mower is doing. Was hoping he would respond, I see him on almost daily, but no response.
Very puzzling. Is your Engine solidly mounted? Spin each Blade Spindle to be sure the bearings are not locking up. Lay a straight edge across the 4 Pulleys and be sure they are at the same height. Be sure that the springloaded arms on Idler pulleys move freely. Oil them if necessary. Be sure there is sufficient spring tension on the Idler Pulley. It should take some effort to re install that cable in the keeper.