Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse 50 inch (2007) Briggs & Stratton 23 HP Intek VTwin engine

srwa

Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse 50 inch (2007) Briggs & Stratton 23 HP Intek VTwin engine
Have partially melted the bakelight on 2 --3 pole solonoids. Wonder why?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Troy-Bilt 14AA80TP766 Big Red Horse 50 inch (2007) Briggs & Stratton 23 HP Intek VTwin engine
Melting would indicate heat. Heat will come from high resistance. What solenoid are you using by part number and are they OEM or some Amazon chinesium knockoff.

srwa

Threads
I posted one of my more "brilliant" post in reply to your question several days ago. "Apparently" it never got posted or something else happened.

Anyway, put a Trombetta 4 post heavy duty solonoid in, works, would post the part # but have to remove battery, stick my head down the hole with a flashlight and mirror.

Have several 12 v solonoids, some 3 some 4 posts, older than most people on this forum but all tested good,except one.

Got another question; keep shearing flywheel keys when cranking; to soft?, other problems? They not B&S keys, going down to Ace hardware for some B & S keys. Will be back

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I posted one of my more "brilliant" post in reply to your question several days ago. "Apparently" it never got posted or something else happened.

Anyway, put a Trombetta 4 post heavy duty solonoid in, works, would post the part # but have to remove battery, stick my head down the hole with a flashlight and mirror.

Have several 12 v solonoids, some 3 some 4 posts, older than most people on this forum but all tested good,except one.

Got another question; keep shearing flywheel keys when cranking; to soft?, other problems? They not B&S keys, going down to Ace hardware for some B & S keys. Will be back
Oil/grease contamination on flywheel and crankshaft taper, or improperly torqued nut/bolt. the key only times the flywheel to the crankshaft. Doesn't have any function in holding the flywheel in place.

srwa

Threads
U probably nailed it....Did not torque flywheel.